Fors gold plus gets results

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Made it out this weekend for some detecting with my new Fors gold plus tester. Had a good time Saturday, but no gold. Headed back out today to try a different diggings. Had some luck trying out the new concentric 10x5. 5 on a mellow spot and surprised me to find 2 tiny tiny pieces that were loud on the signal. Then I tried out the 10x5. 5 dd coil with more great results. Both coils are amazingly hot on all sizes of gold. Even at depth. This is definitely not the same detector as its earlier brother the original fors gold. And without a doubt this knocks the gb pro off the 19 khz pedestal as the king of the 19's. after detecting with a gb pro for a few years, its easy to tell. Once again the Nokta company has built another high quality detector, that will be getting alot of people gold.
My new friend Plus and I had a good day digging out of the ground 12.2 dwt. And one being over 1/2 oz.
Good luck

Attachments

• 1448252486334.jpg
    1448252486334.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 1448252502604.jpg
    1448252502604.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 1448252515699.jpg
    1448252515699.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW!

Wish I had known about the Fors Gold + before I spent my $
on the Fors Gold kit.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
californiagold,
That is a "sweet mess" of nuggets yawl pulled outa the ground! (a touch of Texas drawl with that greeting and a little hitch up on the gun belt and a tip of the hat to ya as well).

That ~ 1/2 oz.-er, would you be able to compare to us lesser folks just how that sounded off as compared to the other pieces of Joy you located yesterday as well as a comparison of how deep it was would be appreciated.

That sounds like a fine machine to me and a few more outings like this one and you will have paid for that machine and could have a bank account started for a $10K Minelab as that combo should be an absolute winner for awesome gold detecting. Keep swinging you new friend and thank your for sharing.......................63bkpkr

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello 63
I found the bigger piece at 9-10 " and it was a nice sound. The others were anywhere from 1" to 6" all had good hits. Nothing questionable

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
How would the FORS Gold+ compare to the White's TDI Pro for getting down beneath the black sand for nuggets? Yeah I know it's apples and oranges but I am trying to decide between the two. I found some guy's that got some nuggets where I have never found any with my GMT so I need a machine that will out do whatever they're running!

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey seden
Now days gold detectors have modes or adjustments to detect in bad mineralization, including black sand areas. Some better then others. But targeting black sand deposits is not always a prosperous venture. Ive found gold at places with alot of black sand, and some places where there is almost none. If you witnessed detectorist that have found gold in an area, where you have not, it usually means more that they were on the gold more then they have better detectors. A detector even a top of the line one, with the latest greatest tech, is only as good as its operator. And a detectorist is only as good as his detecting place. Sucess is from research, trial and error and experiences. If you have a gmt already, then you have a detector that can find gold. It just needs you to find it a good gold spot. I havent tested a tdi pro ( pi detector) and a fors gold plus against each other. But I feel the fors gold plus is the best vlf on the market right now. If you are thinking about a pulse induction detector. I personally would go for a minelab, instead of a tdi pro. I know price is an issue. But I think theyre worth it. I think minelab 4500 are about $2,700 or a sdc for 3,700. I would wait to get an expensive detector later. I would get an affordable vlf detector and get consistently finding gold first. Im not sure where you detect for gold at , but maybe I can further help you with some tips.
Good luck

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did the coils come with coil covers or is that an extra you have to buy? I don't see them specifically mentioned in any of the descriptions for the plus model and was just curious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread