Fors gold-small gold sniper

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello,
Headed out today to try new Fors gold plus at a small gold location. The ground is hot, so I operated fors plus in boost mode, sens 80. The new 10x5. 5 solid coil runs great at this hill, and really hits the small gold hard. 19khz is definitely Fors plus's best new feature. It allows it to run at these hot locations with ease. 27 pcs today for 2.7 dwt.

Attachments

• 1448687984304.jpg
    1448687984304.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 1448688000283.jpg
    1448688000283.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 1448688017820.jpg
    1448688017820.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Honestly glad it's doing well for ya..that's a load of small nuggets!

However...For some reason I feel as if I wasted $850 hard earned dollars ...:sadsmiley:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly glad it's doing well for ya..that's a load of small nuggets!

However...For some reason I feel as if I wasted $850 hard earned dollars ...:sadsmiley:

Why dizzy digger? What's the problem?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why dizzy digger? What's the problem?

Only had the Fors Gold a few short months, and they come out with
this new, enhanced version that runs at 19 khz, and from what CG is
saying, the new one is light-years ahead..costs same money.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I didn't know that. That's kinda of a drag. Well have you been at least finding pull tabs with that thing?!

Can someone post a link to the newer model I only see the 15khz model on the website

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dizzy, the original fors is still an awesome detector. I still have mine and not giving it up. I think the depth on targets and operating in hot ground is the same. I think the new solid coil makes a difference on small gold. It is louder on small targets, but it is 1.2" small on size. I still run in boost mode as I did before so they are pretty similar. They have a solid 10x5. 5 solid coil for the original fors I believe. It would probably be a big difference. The little 5" coil for original fors hits the small gold just as good though.
I know what your saying though. Ive bought products before and months later the companies come out with a new version. But the older version is really good too.
I found alot of gold with original fors gold. It is still better then the rest of vlfs from other companies. Take care

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello,
Headed out today to try new Fors gold plus at a small gold location. The ground is hot, so I operated fors plus in boost mode, sens 80. The new 10x5. 5 solid coil runs great at this hill, and really hits the small gold hard. 19khz is definitely Fors plus's best new feature. It allows it to run at these hot locations with ease. 27 pcs today for 2.7 dwt.

Nice Shine . You got a good spot there . 8-)

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

My wife works in the computer sales and tech support world and it's the same thing . It's always new
and improved and you need to have it lest you fall behind . Sometimes it's true ....... sometimes .........
not so much .

Metal detectors , along with many other things , are no different . While metal detectors can be useful
tools for hunting gold in various circumstances , ( I use one from time to time ) .... I would advise not
to get machine dependent or get caught up in " the next one is the best one " type stuff .

Buyer beware I guess .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread