Climate Change

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thread title ..... " Climate Change " . Then a reference to some gold hunting video you
watched . Hook them dots up for me . ???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As in "need a change in climate" it means you travel to someplace new...

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last I checked the glaciers have been receding since the ICE AGE!

OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Last I checked the glaciers have been receding since the ICE AGE!

Ya, just not quite this fast. Said the ground they were detecting was under glacier until recently.
Anyway I'd ike to try it.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ya, just not quite this fast. Said the ground they were detecting was under glacier until recently.
Anyway I'd ike to try it.

I'm with you. Now that the glacier has moved, it opens ground that's been covered for at least 10,000 years in some cases. The ground can't get much more virgin than that!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm with you. Now that the glacier has moved, it opens ground that's been covered for at least 10,000 years in some cases. The ground can't get much more virgin than that!

All the best,

Lanny

You too Lanny. It's cool that you're a whole lot closed than I am. Well maybe chase what ever is in one's back yard.
Good hunting. BTW I heard the glaciers left AB in fairly good shape. Y'all deserve it.
If if I was a tad bit younger the new gold rush would have a lot of appeal. I almost got on that train in the 70's.
But it was about OIL.
Gold's a lot more pretty.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You too Lanny. It's cool that you're a whole lot closed than I am. Well maybe chase what ever is in one's back yard.
Good hunting. BTW I heard the glaciers left AB in fairly good shape. Y'all deserve it.
If if I was a tad bit younger the new gold rush would have a lot of appeal. I almost got on that train in the 70's.
But it was about OIL.
Gold's a lot more pretty.

Very true that gold is prettier, but oil sure has made a ton of people wealthy and will continue to do so I'm sure. An oil gold rush: I'd never thought of it that way before, but it sure did make Alberta boom!

We do have a lot of beautiful mountains, but the glaciers did grind some of them down; however, I'm glad they left what they did.

As for the glaciers, they ground our gold into flour, and that's why I chase the gold next door in British Columbia, in Idaho, or in Montana. I love nuggets even though the flour gold is pretty, I'll take nuggets over flour gold any day.

Who knows, someday I may get back to Alaska to give that another whirl. It's a magnificently beautiful place that's for sure. As for you in New Mexico, you get to chase the gold while the Great White North has me frozen out! Lucky!!

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the Gold Fever show too, I bet a lot of armchair prospectors were struck with the fever after that show.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread