has anyone here sent in their fors gold for repairs?

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
not a good day today. the buttons below the lcd delaminated and the metal contacts shifted, and the pinpoint trigger is fubar. noticed it when i wasnt getting any readings on my handle display. the lcd is stuck on the model info, so i cannot adjust any settings. sending it into kellyco asap. wondering if anyone has sent in their equipment. how fast is the turn around.

Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whelp the reason why I didn't send it in for the ground balance issue is because I wasn't 100% sure if that's what it was suppose to do or not, it was only after a long while and someone else had a similar problem that I knew that it was not suppose to be like that.

I would still recommend this machine to anyone looking for a great detector, the Pro kit is such a great deal now too.

Honkey3k

Jul 14, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was sold on the Fors Gold Plus but now I am not so sure. Sounds like they have known issues? I might have to go with the Garret AT Pro gold or Tesoro Lobo

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
the gold+ has a sealed trigger, so that is not an issue anymore. if it doesnt void the warranty, ill seal the perimeter of the lcd button cover with super glue, ill have to ask if its ok first. the machine is very different from the fors gold as far as the signal sound and sensitivity. if we ever get a dry day i could use the thing. ive had it for 2 weeks and been solid rain and 30+mph wind. good weather for sluicing.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering if you have your detector back yet and what the turn around time was ?

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
its at kellyco waiting to be fixed. lady reiterated the reason for the wait time. i know im going to be taken care of so i have no worries. want to learn my new unit, but seems the only time i have off its raining. sunday is no acception. but i got to make the money to pay for the toys/bills. so if anyone needs work done on their house.... just kidding.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if you got the unit back yet , I was trying to determin how long it takes for a repair . I know it depends on demand , but still asking .

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Motohed this is not a good time to try to determine the repair time at KellyCo right now, they lost one of their best over there to a stroke.
They are going to be backed up all this month into April.

Rest in Peace Barry, may your heaven forever be filled with eternal treasure hunting joy. :(

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks , RIP Barry sorry for kellyco's loss !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Repairs are kicking in high gear, they are working hard to catch up...

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
got it back today. i would have never known there was any delays if i wasnt told so. my big question is why does the origional fors gold have different tones for ferrous and non ferrous, while the fors+ i cant tell heads from tails from a nail or lead. the hot rocks are easy they really have a boing sound.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread