Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a kilo also, 22 brass and lead:-0

I resent that Lanny, I've never robbed gold! :laughing7:
I have been known to get a bit sticky after a few days in the field although the smell is usually strong enough to warn people off. :thumbsup:

Sometimes the "rules" for gold just fly out the door. I found a one kilo nugget in the Snelling dredge piles. Not known for big gold and about as far down as you can get and still find gold.

It's still out there and it's still wherever you find it.

Heavy Clay

Ian Brandon

Sep 15, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a location very close to Oroville I will share ,head to Bangor ,turn right on Bangor park road,go all the way down to where it meets Dunstone rd.tjust before you hit Dunstone ,ON THE RIGHT SIDE ONLY ,you will see obvious tailings ,my first time here with my friends analog detector ,my third target was a rice sized nugget,I found a spot in the center of area where the piles were smaller and dug only about 5 " to nugget

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
try closer to the base of the hills. shallower ground. Its always possible to find gold there, but youll increase your odds if you head east a little ways.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
Youre too kind lanny, I just realized this thread is 5 years old.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The few times i hit the dredge tailings i looked for hot quartz rocks
not all the gold came down as nuggets many times it came down as quartz cobbles that the gold was still trapped in.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I resent that Lanny, I've never robbed gold! :laughing7:
I have been known to get a bit sticky after a few days in the field although the smell is usually strong enough to warn people off. :thumbsup:

Sometimes the "rules" for gold just fly out the door. I found a one kilo nugget in the Snelling dredge piles. Not known for big gold and about as far down as you can get and still find gold.

It's still out there and it's still wherever you find it.

Heavy Clay
When you found that in Snelling were you close to that little county park or farther up from there I always hit up the dredge tailings around the park and no luck. But they probably are searched a lot because of easy access.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you found that in Snelling were you close to that little county park or farther up from there I always hit up the dredge tailings around the park and no luck. But they probably are searched a lot because of easy access.
I was upriver from the dredge on the canal (south) side. I don't know about a county park, the only park I know of there is owned by the State.

All that area except the state land is private property. We were working a permission mining jade and poppy jasper boulders from the old canal excavation piles. The gold was unexpected.

I wouldn't bother working those dredge spoil piles for gold. The gold found locally is small and I'm not a big fan of assuming the big mining companies that professionally mined an area left enough for a little guy to make a living.

The jade and poppy jasper weren't great money but I had a big mud saw that ran on a small gas motor. Cost about 40 cents a day to run back in the 1970's. There was a good market for slabs so it was a nice additional income.

Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Click Here to View

Happy New Gold Year Day 0ne on the Feather River Panning for Gold to get the jump on Gary ( Two Toe's ). The past couple of years Gary's gotten out on the river on New Years day to jump start his Gold totals in our endless quest to see which one of us can find the Most Gold for the Year !!!! This Year I head out to get the jump on him !!!! I'm leading in 2021 !!!! Keep checking back to see who ends up winning the gold count for this year we have a long way to go but did I mention I'm winning !!!!!!

SG 032

Lots of Gold Below the Oroville Dam mostly small stuff but it can pay off pretty nice if you know where to look

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions