Question for californiagold

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CG , I have a new Xp Deus , I was wondering if you have used one for specifically looking for Gold yet ? I was also wondering which Gold detector you like best and why ? I see you like the Notka fors gold plus and the makro gold racier . Which do you like better and what other Gold detectors do you like for 2000.00 or under . I'm thinking for gold specific hunting , like nuggets or placer deposits . If anyone else what to comment on specific Gold detectors in the price range I have eluded too , be my guest .

Upvote 0

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
i think cg's main advantage he has over the majority is knowledge of the area's history. get to know your machine, its difficult to do for those of us who only have a couple days a month to get out in the field. if you are finding tiny pieces of anything you are dialed in.

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey moto,
I never tried the deus. Ive heard others say it is good. Like beek said, get to know what you got. Try it on some small gold or lead. Then later youll have to see what settings your detector likes for each area you go. Learn what your detector is telling you about targets and the ground your detecting.
But yes finding the best places to go is more important then the best detector.
Ive been using the nokta/makro gold detectors lately. I think they are great. They seem to be louder on gold that is almost out of range. So I feel they get the gold that other detectors may have heard, but it was so faint that it was missed. And with the new isat setting on both racer gold and fors plus, I can still run in all metal thru really bad ground without the threshold blanking out (disappearing). Ive ran my gb pro at some of these same places and I have to run in disc mode sometimes because it doesnt have a isat adjustment. But I dont knock any brand gold detector, there is some good ones.
Im not sure what area that you go detecting, but do some really good research. Try the old 1800's newspapers. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread