Fors plus Dental day

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Attachments

• 1458947578417.jpg
    1458947578417.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you've been doing great the past few days! What sort of criteria do you use when deciding whether to use either the Makro or Nokta?

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They both work great. I take turns taking them detecting. If the gold in a area is really small, I would take the gold racer. It sounds off stronger on tiny gold.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey CG , almost looks like you should quit your day job and just go nugget hunting !!!!! LOL

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did you get a gold filling at the dentist with the finds:)

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job! I think I would have missed the appointment and probably would have also been late for dinner with gold like that being found. I love your posts and pictures.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the pictures and the details. Finding the gold must have made the visit to the dentist bearable at least.

All the best,

Lanny

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the pictures and the details. Finding the gold must have made the visit to the dentist bearable at least.

All the best,

Lanny

That's what I need to do. I hate the dentist but I bet a couple nugs before hand could ease the pain

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the comments.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey CaAu, nice gold and it looks porous, is it? I have to believe you are having fun!............63bkpkr

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey CaAu, nice gold and it looks porous, is it? I have to believe you are having fun!............63bkpkr

I'm convinced he is in ultramafic soil/serpentine soil in an old bench flow. I try to stay focused on what I need to research but his posts a few weeks ago with the manzanita in the pics made me think about the soil, condition of the gold, and Australia lol. Anyways I came across this link which is a crappy vegetation link mapping of the wider area, this map seems fairly useless but the theory might be worthwhile if you had really accurate vegetation maps you could maybe target certain soils for nugget shooting.
Also I just did a quick search, maybe there is good GIS data enclosed in the paper, references or in a better search.

Link to a vegetation map I came across:

http://www.cnps.org/cnps/vegetation/pdf/n_sierra_fh_vegmap_report-2011.pdf

And here is the classic one, if someone uses this GIS info somehow to find gold I'll never stop laughing from the irony of it all:)
https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=6d1bc992999144489633d71ed29bf5a9

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can use vegetation to your advantage. But some places have the same vegetation as places that I find gold , but there is no gold there..you have to use geological factors first then in those areas vegetation can point out different bedrock depths or soil types and minerals. I have some other visual factors that I use that I keep secret. But I know a couple guys in oz that use similar gold deposit finding techniques. I doubt this is a factor but this year all the gold areas seem to have more mosquitos then places that dont have gold. Just a coincidence maybe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread