Fors plus Dental day
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree19Likes
  • 5 Post By californiagold
  • 4 Post By californiagold
  • 2 Post By motohed
  • 1 Post By Alex Burke
  • 2 Post By Lanny in AB
  • 2 Post By mytimetoshine
  • 1 Post By californiagold
  • 2 Post By californiagold

Thread: Fors plus Dental day

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2014
    California goldfields
    Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
    758 times
    Prospecting

Fors plus Dental day

Hello, I went out for a short run this morning with Fors plus before my dentist appointment. We hit a pocket gold area and found 6 pcs for 2.8 dwt that were missed by the old timers. Fors plus did a great job once again in the variable ground. Happy Easter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1458947578417.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	1290179  

us
    Bruce

Feb 2016
    Youngstown, FL
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Gold Hog stream sluice
    271 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Wow, you've been doing great the past few days! What sort of criteria do you use when deciding whether to use either the Makro or Nokta?

us
    Aug 2014
    California goldfields
    Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
    758 times
    Prospecting
    They both work great. I take turns taking them detecting. If the gold in a area is really small, I would take the gold racer. It sounds off stronger on tiny gold.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6715 times

us
    Scott

Dec 2015
    RI
    XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
    499 times
    Hey CG , almost looks like you should quit your day job and just go nugget hunting !!!!! LOL
    beekbuster and mytimetoshine like this.

us
    Apr 2013
    NorCal
    BH, GB2
    700 times
    Prospecting
    Did you get a gold filling at the dentist with the finds
    Aufisher likes this.
    "The desire of gold is not for gold. It is for the means of freedom. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

ca
    Jul 2014
    Port Perry, Ontario
    Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
    1158 times
    Metal Detecting
    Nice job! I think I would have missed the appointment and probably would have also been late for dinner with gold like that being found. I love your posts and pictures.

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5849 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks for the pictures and the details. Finding the gold must have made the visit to the dentist bearable at least.

All the best,

Lanny
    mytimetoshine and Aufisher like this.
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
    3357 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanny in AB View Post
    Thanks for the pictures and the details. Finding the gold must have made the visit to the dentist bearable at least.

All the best,

Lanny
    That's what I need to do. I hate the dentist but I bet a couple nugs before hand could ease the pain
    Aufisher and Honkey3k like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    Aug 2014
    California goldfields
    758 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks for the comments.
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4612 times
    Hey CaAu, nice gold and it looks porous, is it? I have to believe you are having fun!............63bkpkr
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    Apr 2013
    NorCal
    BH, GB2
    700 times
    Prospecting

Fors plus Dental day

Quote Originally Posted by 63bkpkr View Post
    Hey CaAu, nice gold and it looks porous, is it? I have to believe you are having fun!............63bkpkr
    I'm convinced he is in ultramafic soil/serpentine soil in an old bench flow. I try to stay focused on what I need to research but his posts a few weeks ago with the manzanita in the pics made me think about the soil, condition of the gold, and Australia lol. Anyways I came across this link which is a crappy vegetation link mapping of the wider area, this map seems fairly useless but the theory might be worthwhile if you had really accurate vegetation maps you could maybe target certain soils for nugget shooting.
    Also I just did a quick search, maybe there is good GIS data enclosed in the paper, references or in a better search.

Link to a vegetation map I came across:

http://www.cnps.org/cnps/vegetation/...eport-2011.pdf

And here is the classic one, if someone uses this GIS info somehow to find gold I'll never stop laughing from the irony of it all
    https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.htm...33d71ed29bf5a9
    "The desire of gold is not for gold. It is for the means of freedom. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

us
    Aug 2014
    California goldfields
    758 times
    Prospecting
    You can use vegetation to your advantage. But some places have the same vegetation as places that I find gold , but there is no gold there..you have to use geological factors first then in those areas vegetation can point out different bedrock depths or soil types and minerals. I have some other visual factors that I use that I keep secret. But I know a couple guys in oz that use similar gold deposit finding techniques. I doubt this is a factor but this year all the gold areas seem to have more mosquitos then places that dont have gold. Just a coincidence maybe.
    mytimetoshine and Alex Burke like this.

Sponsored Links