All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459097472.814670.jpg

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great detector! Blows my mind how small pieces of wire will set it off!

OP
OP
B

Burrows

Mar 1, 2016
California
Detector(s) used
Whites V Sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to find small pieces of iron so I think I'm getting a hang of it. No gold yet.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason the Vsat is so hot on tiny pieces is because of the Longscan coil being a concentric, and they are as hot as a GB II, I put one on my GMT and it made the most dramatic change I have ever seen on Any machine and it will see bits that can't be weighed as in lower than 0.00 grams more like 0.005 and less, it is That coil that is the secrete of it being able to see such small things but in hotter ground you might new the GMT's Twin D coil.

The Tiny test pieces I used the GMT with its own coil could see them at just over an inch with the Longsan coil it will see them up to 3 inches +/- and I am talking about bits the size of a grain of White Sugar, so in standard form the Vsat is a brilliant machine, Put that Coil on a GMT and it will Turn it in to a CYBORG.

I bought a new (old stock) Longscan coil last year and It is my most prized piece of kit. and it will blow the doors off the 6x4 dd coil and you get the extra depth.

hope this helps,, John

OP
OP
B

Burrows

Mar 1, 2016
California
Detector(s) used
Whites V Sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the GMT would be the next level upgrade I would want after the VSat. And the info on the coils is priceless. This is the coil I have is this the long scan coil your talking about ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459115464.217698.jpg

Last edited:

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the GMT would be the next level upgrade I would want after the VSat. And the info on the coils is priceless.
Yes the GMT would be the next step up a wise move because it has a visual display and the fastest Auto Tracking in the Business and Manual Ground Balance and Ground Grab that monitors the ground even when you are working in fixed and the moment you hit the grab button it will update the ground balance to suit the current conditions, and it has Iron ID and a Mineral content readout and the Ground phase reading (setting) add all that to the Longscan coil and you have the Hottest Mid frequency machine on the market,

Hope this helps,,, John

This is the GM II coil that I have, its the same as yours but yours has a red label and everyone know red cars are always faster, lol

Last edited:

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the GMT would be the next level upgrade I would want after the VSat. And the info on the coils is priceless. This is the coil I have is this the long scan coil your talking about View attachment 1291081
Yep yours is the Longscan coil and your machine also had an option of the DD Coil called the Twin D and on your model they had a metallic Green label but they changed the colour of the label to Gold and Black on the GMT.

The Coil you have is the last of the Longscan Coils and it is the same one as mine but yours is prettier, ( I'm a Slut for Fashion) , lol they also made an 8X14 LongScan coil too which is white on colour which I also have, the New ones are black and are DD's

The picture you posted was from a thread that I was doing on D/P Forum.

hope this helps.. John

PS, If you are going to get a GMT keep the Vsat or any of the other Goldmaster's any of you Guys have because They all have the longscan coils and they are the Best ever increase in performance I have ever seen on any detector when it comes to finding Small/Tiny Gold, No matter what.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Burrows

Mar 1, 2016
California
Detector(s) used
Whites V Sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Great information, Thank you! And I was very lucky to have this detector sold to me at a good price from a great guy out of Utah. He pretty much pass it on to me. I'm setting up an area near Placerville Ca. For placer deposits and well had to add a detector to the must have list.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Great information, Thank you! And I was very lucky to have this detector sold to me at a good price from a great guy out of Utah. He pretty much pass it on to me. I'm setting up an area near Placerville Ca. For placer deposits and well had to add a detector to the must have list.

Well that machine is well sought after so don't sell it or lend it out Ok, On the GMT it has a meter that will help you find the Placer deposits and it will show you exactly where to set up your washer because one of those meters shows you where the black sand deposits are and the Gold normal settles where the high numbers drop off rapidly, You have a Great machine there and because Whites no longer make them coils they are almost as valuable as the stuff you are looking for, make sure you have a coil cover on it because lucky for us the new Whites Twin D coil uses the same cover and you can pick them up for about 5 or 10 bucks a pop, and then run White unsulation tape covering the seam where the edge of the cover meets the coil that way you will keep highly mineralized dirt from getting between the coil and the cover giving you false readings Ok,

hope this helps,, John.

EDIT:- PLEASE NOTE, the Vsat is the second machine in the Goldmaster Series, first Goldmaster II then The Vsat and then the Goldmaster III (GM III) and Goldmaster IV and then the GMT Goldmaster and the more basic GMZ,,

sorry I miss quoted the facts it's nearly 1am in the morning here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Burrows

Mar 1, 2016
California
Detector(s) used
Whites V Sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coil cover , tape and GMT on the list. I'm planing on running a three inch highbanker combo when I get going. I'll be sure to post as I get there.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coil cover , tape and GMT on the list. I'm planing on running a three inch highbanker combo when I get going. I'll be sure to post as I get there.
Well done Good for you, I look forward to seeing your set up when you are up and running, when you do post it make sure you send me a PM just to make sure I don't miss it, and show me them Nuggets, I hope you find a heap,

good luck,, John

PS, go to Whites web site and down load the GMT manual and you will see how it finds the Black sand and Jimmy Sierra also has done a Video on it on youtube, ok.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Burrows

Mar 1, 2016
California
Detector(s) used
Whites V Sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great I will. Last trip out finding the square nails, I found a wrapper of foil from I believe cigarettes that was all tore up and it was hitting the smallest pieces which were about the match head size. Crazy. So i figure if it can hit this piece I was most like doing it right. So I was feeling a bit more confident about the search.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great I will. Last trip out finding the square nails, I found a wrapper of foil from I believe cigarettes that was all tore up and it was hitting the smallest pieces which were about the match head size. Crazy. So i figure if it can hit this piece I was most like doing it right. So I was feeling a bit more confident about the search.

The smaller the junk you find means you are doing your job right and that you are paying attention to your machine and have it set up properly, and that's what you need to do at your hot spot, keep up the good work and good luck,

John

Abiquiu505

Feb 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the new GMT it hits hard
on small gold.looks like I'm going to get me a long scan coil if I can find one.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the new GMT it hits hard
on small gold.looks like I'm going to get me a long scan coil if I can find one.

Good for you, Oh and get your self a plastic scoop while your at it because these machines will pick up the salt in your hands at about 6 inches so when you add that Longscan it will be very hot so the scoop is a must, Ok

Good luck and welcome aboard,, John

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Burrows,
Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun that is adventures. A U.S. Nickel, being nickel the metal, acts like it were gold when a detector is passed over it so if you want a test specimen that makes your machine think it is looking at gold find a piece of nickel or lead as lead makes the machine think it is has gold under the coil. I have various sized pieces of various metals glued to colourful poker chips so I can find them easily and they really help to learn the machine.

I also have a small piece of gold on a poker chip just so I can compare it to the other metals and the machine reacts as if they were all gold. Best of success on your journey!!....................63bkpkr

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Run the coil even, low and slow or "skimming" the surface only occasionally touching the ground. I have found this technique keeps the Goldmasters in their "happy place" maintaining smooth threshold and less false signals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread