Gold Racer on small gold

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
I made it out yesterday for awhile back out to the old channel diggings with Gold Racer. I detected a place that I used the original fors gold a couple years ago. The area has bad ground and hot rocks but with isat on gold racer it goes right thru without any threshold blanking. I was able to grab up 11 small pieces for .4 dwt. The gold racer is a very good gold sniper on tiny gold and works well to get the bedrock gold.
Good luck

Attachments

• 1459358617786.jpg
    1459358617786.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 145
  • 1459358634041.jpg
    1459358634041.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 1459358652986.jpg
    1459358652986.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 1459358674087.jpg
    1459358674087.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
here is some videos

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Recovery

Have you ever tried using the Jobe green plastic scoop?

I have found it significantly increases recovery times.
Even that tiny gold will settle to the bottom of the scoop and be heard when the scoop is passed over the coil.
They are pretty tough and can be used for digging shallow targets.

Did you try the 5" DD on that tiny gold? It does a pretty good job on that small stuff.

Hello
I made it out yesterday for awhile back out to the old channel diggings with Gold Racer. I detected a place that I used the original fors gold a couple years ago. The area has bad ground and hot rocks but with isat on gold racer it goes right thru without any threshold blanking. I was able to grab up 11 small pieces for .4 dwt. The gold racer is a very good gold sniper on tiny gold and works well to get the bedrock gold.
Good luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No I dont use scoops. Ive seen people throw out gold that was already in the scoop. It depends on the material and weight of gold whether it settles to the bottom when you shake it. But if it works for anyone then I say try it. As far as the little 5" coil, I havent tried it on the small gold. But the 10x5 coil will find tiny tiny gold very easily. Anything smaller then I would need a goldpan. Good luck

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for going to the effort to make and then post your videos! Much appreciated!!

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the sound of it, seems stable..thanks for the videos.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the comments. I will continue to do more videos when I get back out. My camera battery last for 70 minutes. So for every live dig it takes 1 and 1/2 -2 minutes. So if I get a bunch of junk targets it eats up my battery for nothing. So I try to do as many live digs as I can. If not I film after I found the gold.

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you were running your GBP, were you using the 5x10 elliptical, or the 5" round?

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
californiagold , You are a machine , It's amazing how much Gold you find . I could only hope to find a little Gold here on the East Coast in New England . I love living through your outings .

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bc, on gbp I used the Nel sharpshooter 9.5x5.5 it is actually better then fisher 10x5. It will find tiny gold as well as 5" round. And you cover more ground.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks moto. Finding gold is pretty normal for me. Ive been doing it for over 31 years. But it is still excitng to be out there like the old gold rush miners, trying to find that treasure. I find alot of old things, old tools, gold pans, and 1800 ammo. Its cool to see all the history of the area.

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bc, on gbp I used the Nel sharpshooter 9.5x5.5 it is actually better then fisher 10x5. It will find tiny gold as well as 5" round. And you cover more ground.

It's funny you say this because I have often heard the opposite - that said, a pro like yourself would know best, I'll have to give the NEL a shot.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well the fisher 10x5 eliptical is a good coil, but the nel sharpshooter is about 1- 1 1/2 deeper based on it brightens up the faint targets better. And is more responsive on tiny gold. Plus if you have a fisher eliptical 10x5 you have to be careful about getting them wet from underwater or wet grass. I had 2 different ones get water inside. They go bonkers when that happens. The sealer that bonds the top to the bottom of coil gets dried out and cracks really quick which allows water inside. Mine happen after the short 1 year warranty on the coil. So I didnt get them replaced. They do dry out and eventually work again . All Nel coils have a 3 year warranty if you register your warranty. If not then 2 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread