Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hello All,:hello::hello::hello:

It's been a while since I posted.
Finally got a good nugget to share with you all.
I call it the Snake Skin Nugget, found next to a large shed snake skin in a big field, about 10" deep with a GPX5000 detector.
It was about the third target of the day and it absolutely shocked me to see the golden color of a nugget!!
From that point on it was like I was dreaming, I did not know if I should go home or keep detecting..lol
I managed 2 more little nuggets for 1.1 gram and then the lightning and rain gave me the boot.
Best of luck to you all, may your very next targets be golden.:icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• IMG_20160427_163725354_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160427_163725354_HDR.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_20160501_103826805_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160501_103826805_HDR.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 0

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice - Congratulations!!! :occasion14:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice!

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful!!

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing sweeter than Gold nuggets , great find !!!!!!!

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fantastic display of nuggets Gravelwasher, and the big one is outstanding. Can only imagine how you must have felt unearthing that one. Thanks for sharing your adventure, great photos, and congratulations on the gorgeous big nugget... in fact bravo!!! :icon_thumleft:

Jim.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am certainly inspired. Congrats on the beautiful gold!

I know what you mean - when you get something really special ... actually consider stopping detecting. Dumb idea, but it is just so exciting, especially when you are alone and have nobody right there to share it with. Human nature, I guess...

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hello Jim Hemmingway,
Great to hear from you. I hope your still finding some nice silver specimens.

Placergold,
yes you know the feeling, gotta pursue on and focus, but it becomes so much more difficult with a good find in hand..lol

After digging trash all day, a little piece of shine to show you that your doing something right is really rewarding. After detecting once a week for over three years, detecting in the heart of the motherlode, a big piece will have ya smiling for weeks.
A big nugget will really crank up the gold fever too, make it hard to sleep at night, hard to think about anything but GOLD, what else is there..lol
You will return to the spot of the find and possibly dig up a 10x10 size area looking for more.

Much gold to you all, Big, Chunky.... Nugget GOLD!!:occasion14:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jim Hemmingway,
Great to hear from you. I hope your still finding some nice silver specimens.

Placergold,
yes you know the feeling, gotta pursue on and focus, but it becomes so much more difficult with a good find in hand..lol

After digging trash all day, a little piece of shine to show you that your doing something right is really rewarding. After detecting once a week for over three years, detecting in the heart of the motherlode, a big piece will have ya smiling for weeks.
A big nugget will really crank up the gold fever too, make it hard to sleep at night, hard to think about anything but GOLD, what else is there..lol
You will return to the spot of the find and possibly dig up a 10x10 size area looking for more.

Much gold to you all, Big, Chunky.... Nugget GOLD!!:occasion14:

Great inspiration!

After getting skunked so many outings in a row digging nails, bullets, and brass etc.
There is nothing like digging a nice nugget or two to get the juices flowing again :icon_thumleft:
gman3.gif guy20digger.gif black_knight_standing.gif swinger@.gif

Thanks for sharing
GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Its a lot of trash digging no matter how you look at it..lol

This is about a third of the targets I dug getting to the gold.

Attachments

• IMG_20160507_190806180(1).jpg
    IMG_20160507_190806180(1).jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 183

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GravelWasher,
The first pan full of nuggets and the second pan full of "the usual likely suspects" are terrific! I've never found anything like the first pan while the second pan reminds me of many pans I've found. Your share is truly an inspiration to all that shows what one Can Do by learning, applying what has been learned then simply keep trying. I suspect you must enjoy being out in the country gold is found in just as much if not more than what you've found, I know I enjoy the country first! Happy signals and pans.........63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread