minelab Eureka Gold

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been watching vids on this and I like what I see so far but i'd like some feedback from other users and what your thoughts are? I'm not usually a minelab fan but I like the tone on this this is why the consideration for me but as I say again any personal experience would be apreciated

Upvote 0

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check Steve Herschbach's page here: Steve's Guide to Gold Nugget Detectors

This is from his review of the Eureka Gold:

The Eureka Gold is a good choice for someone hunting areas with widely varying mineral conditions. Weight including rechargeable battery pack 5.3 lbs. It comes stock with a 5" x 10" elliptical DD coil. Four accessory coils are available for the Eureka (Minelab and Coiltek).

Steve's Opinion - The Eureka Gold with its three selectable frequencies will handle a wider range of ground conditions than most other VLF detectors. For a 60 kHz detector, it for some reason lacks the edge of the Gold Bug 2 or GMT when it comes to the smallest nuggets. Its best setting is the 20 kHz mode, as the detector seems optimized for this frequency. You will lose depth in the 60 kHz mode and so this mode should only be used for small shallow gold. The Eureka is a good detector, but lighter and less expensive detectors will do just as well for most people. The weight and high price is making the Eureka hard to recommend.

By way of comparison, the Gold Bug Pro weighs 2.5 pounds, and even Minelab's Xterra Gold only weighs 2.9 pounds. I know the selling point of this machine is having switchable frequencies...and therefore, versatility for different types of searching...but I think for most folks, they're going to use one frequency 95% of the time anyway. In my opinion, better to get a machine that specializes in the targets and general soil conditions you're going to be using it for.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you very much!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread