MXT Settings

Jim McCulloch

Mar 27, 2003
Cormier, here are my suggestions: MODE: Prospecting. TRAC: Ground. GAIN: the highest setting which still offers STABLE operation. Naturally, this will vary from place to place. DUAL CONTROL: Into the Hyper SAT setting, nearly fully clockwise, into the point where the threshold tone goes from low pitch to high pitch. THRESHOLD: BARELY audible. For more information consult the book "Advanced Nuggetshooting - How to Prospect for Gold with a Metal Detector," or email me at [email protected]. Hope this helps; HH Jim

OP
OP
C

Cormier

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2007
Jim,
Thank you for your feedback. It helped me tremendously.Those are the settings I had in the Prospecting Mode yesterday while nugget hunting. I didn't want to think those nuggets were in front of me and the MXT wasn't picking them up. As it turned out, I found nothing. I resorted to panning for awhile...and still found nothing.
The book you refer to, was that written with the MXT in mind, or is for detectors in general?
I appreciate the link to your email. I may need to ask you more questions as I stumble through more experience.
Cormier

Jim McCulloch

Mar 27, 2003
"Advanced Nuggetshooting" was written for ALL VLF prospecting detectors, but ALL of the info is usable for the MXT. "Advanced Nuggetshooting" primarily discusses advanced tuning and nugget hunting techniques. HH Jim

nitro74d

Aug 21, 2006
Spring hill, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 - 11", 6" coils
White's MXT Pro -coils: 300, 4x6DD, SEF 8x6 & 15x12
Coinmaster Pro - 9" spider
Garrett sea hunter mark II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
advanced nugget shooting book?

Where do you get that book? I am saving for an MXT, hopefully in a month, I will have one and I would like to read up a bit in the mean time.

Thanks,

Nitro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions