Next Time You Beach Guys Whine about how hard you have it...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice-Nice-Nice

I'm glad you told us it was in fast forward, for a minute I thought you might of had too many energy drinks :notworthy:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that is inspiration! Thanks for posting the video Terry!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
After watching that guy pick out that gold, I will never give up so easily. Thanks Terry for the great video!

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1300 bucks for that hard work heck yeah

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Once you get that far into that cemented stuff, you just have to believe it's got to be something good. I remember hammering my way through it in Arizona, and it's a huge zero on the fun scale!

Thanks for posting the video, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once you get that far into that cemented stuff, you just have to believe it's got to be something good. I remember hammering my way through it in Arizona, and it's a huge zero on the fun scale!

Thanks for posting the video, and all the best,

Lanny

LOL! It is so true Lanny. You start chipping away with your Hermit Pick (Shameless Brand Placement for Calvin "Bunk" Bunker), and after 30-minutes, sweat dripping down your glasses, and taking your gloves off to wipe your brow, get a drink and re-group, You KNOW there is a huge lunker waiting for you inside this block of desert concrete. After another 15-minutes of swinging your pick, checking the target, and swinging your pick - You find it!

A lead bullet. :laughing7: :occasion14:

JasonG

Nov 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
GPZ, GPX, CoRe, GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That nugget looks familiar... 8-)

I was finding them cemented into the caliche all over that particular area and almost none in the dirt itself, that one was the deepest though. I started carrying the ole Estwing in my pack and that made it easier.

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Note to self... design a cordless, lightweight miniature jack hammer.

Last edited:

JasonG

Nov 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
GPZ, GPX, CoRe, GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coincidentally I just bought one and making another vid with it - a 36v cordless rotary hammer - which I'm using to mine something right now that isn't gold (if the rain would ever stop!!).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread