Concentric GMT Shooter Coil Previously only Available in Africa

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Complaining does get you somewhere. Not long ago we were complaining on a thread that the GMT concentric shooter coil (only available in Africa) was not being made available to everyone. Well Whites heard us and others and now you can get it off their site for $149.00. As soon as I can scrape up some cash, I'll be snagging this baby!:thumb_up::hello2:

801-3250-1tp.jpg

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/6-concentric-gmt-coil-micro-tireur/

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
nuggetshooter323

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds good. I wonder if I should order one of those instead of the nugget shooter, but I want both. :icon_scratch:

GG~

That's what I'm saying, one's concentric and one's DD. More tools to get gold in a wider variety of environments.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coils.JPG Well here is a very recent picture of all four coils that Whites offers for the GMT, note the concentric still happens to be in its bag, that will tell you how much leisure time I do not have! The Sierra is quite a 'hunk' to swing for any amount of time, it covers a lot of ground and no unfortunately I do not have any comparison data between any of the coils. I need to work on that. enjoy................63bkpkr

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1381284 Well here is a very recent picture of all four coils that Whites offers for the GMT, note the concentric still happens to be in its bag, that will tell you how much leisure time I do not have! The Sierra is quite a 'hunk' to swing for any amount of time, it covers a lot of ground and no unfortunately I do not have any comparison data between any of the coils. I need to work on that. enjoy................63bkpkr

DID you get a cover for that 6 inch concentric ? I am assuming that the 5.3 cover should fit. If you did get a cover and it fits let us have the part number please :)

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZZ - in my excitement to order the coil I Forgot to order the cover, I will purchase one before the coil is use...........63bkpkr

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a video using the 6 inch concentric. Most finds are very small bird shot. But at the end he gets a tiny nugget :)

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
ZZ - in my excitement to order the coil I Forgot to order the cover, I will purchase one before the coil is use...........63bkpkr

The 5.3 cover DOES fit the 6 inch coil ( quote from steve howard @ whites ) this was the only thing holding me up from getting the coil. I had to be dang sure that a cover was available :) 1 detect thumbs up.jpg

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well some of you might remember the thread about older Goldmasters from about a year or so back Where I fitted the older Whites Goldmaster 6x10 Concentric to My GMT and the difference was about 3X deeper on Tiny Targets, This new coil will be pretty hot no doubt,

Even the 5.3 (6") version on the MXT will see tiny bits weighing 0.006 grams, So if you can't find one of the older 6x10s then I would grab one of these in a heartbeat because it just might be the hottest Coil there is for the GMT.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I tried one of the 6 x 10 concentrics here and had to turn the gain down considerably to get a decent threshold. I never did get around to doing a test with it. The small area of the new coil may help with that.
Jim

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried one of the 6 x 10 concentrics here and had to turn the gain down considerably to get a decent threshold. I never did get around to doing a test with it. The small area of the new coil may help with that.
Jim

That's a bugga Jim,, mine runs real good and it even lowers the Ground balance by a fair margin which is a Bonus.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, John, it's all about the mineralization. If the ground will allow it, I imagine the concentric will find smaller nuggets. But, the DDs were designed to work well in the more highly mineralized ground. I'd like to try that small concentric, though.....the smaller surface area would allow it to work where the larger concentric couldn't.
Did you ever find a lithium-ion battery for your SL?
Jim

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, John, it's all about the mineralization. If the ground will allow it, I imagine the concentric will find smaller nuggets. But, the DDs were designed to work well in the more highly mineralized ground. I'd like to try that small concentric, though.....the smaller surface area would allow it to work where the larger concentric couldn't.
Did you ever find a lithium-ion battery for your SL?
Jim
Yeah Jim your right, I took the 5.3 for the MXT to OZ and it worked well in the hot ground, although it sent the GB close to the top end of the scale it could deal with the ground So I reckon this one for the GMT might be a winner, Also the 5.3 Gains about 3 or 4 inches over the 6x4 shooter coil on coins etc and when it come to tiny bits what the 6x4 see's at 1 inch the 5.3 will see at 3 inches.

No mate I could not get anyone to ship me one of those batteries So I made a 9 Cell AA pack which gives me over 13 volts and about 6 and a half hours run time.

John.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let me look into one of Reidman's batteries. They're 16.8 volts. The capacitors in the SL are supposed to be only 16 volts, but I haven't had any problems with my SL using the 16.8 volt battery. A person could also monitor the charge, and shut it off when the battery reaches 16 volts, too. Limiting the charge to 16 volts also makes a big difference in the life of the battery. I'll PM you with whatever info I can come up with. Why don't you PM me with your address, so I can check postage costs.
jim

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
well ive been out a few times,no gold but its going to find it if its there.i really happy this how small of a piece of wire i found.i did find 4 wheat pennys 1919,1920.1925,1935.brad.
I've had Whites machines for quite sometime and IF I've ever had a problem with "anything" they have Always taken care of it for low $ or free.

Give us a shout when you've got it up and running and after working with it what you think about it! Thanks..............63bkpkr

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
after about four trips. when i touch the cable with my hand it sounds off iam not moving the cable like a bad wire just touching it.i think it works ok but this is driving me crazy,called whites and they are looking in to it.anyone have a idea?thanks brad
well ive been out a few times,no gold but its going to find it if its there.i really happy this how small of a piece of wire i found.i did find 4 wheat pennys 1919,1920.1925,1935.brad.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
after about four trips. when i touch the cable with my hand it sounds off iam not moving the cable like a bad wire just touching it.i think it works ok but this is driving me crazy,called whites and they are looking in to it.anyone have a idea?thanks brad

Make sure coil cable is firmly secure to shaft w/out any play (electrical tape or velcro straps), that usually takes care of "falsing" when bumping the cable.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
thanks,i tried that,but it just kept getting worst,whites is replacing it,like always they took care of it. thanks for your ideas.
brad

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
Would this cool actually be better than the old concentric goldmaster coils?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread