Prospecting with the XP Deus

MXT SNIPER

Sep 30, 2004
I don't own nor have I used a Deus for prospecting but I heard that there is about to be released an elliptical coil for the Deus that will operate up to 80 khz, that coil will transform the Deus for small gold hunting. The old Gold Bug 2 has been a reliable proven gold finding machine for yrs at 71 khz, with the automated features on the Deus and that new coil, I think it would be a great combination, and probably a lot easier to use in difficult ground than the old GB2.

OP
OP
F

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for that info. Ill have to take a look into that. Hopefully that coil wont cost as much as the machine!!

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this half gram nugget last weekend with the XP Deus and the new 9" HF coil. That coil, like the new elliptical coil (release date late June or early July), retails at $425.00.

The thing about this coil is that it was picking up on the superfine specks of gold that one would need a snuffer bottle to grab. Can't wait to see how the elliptical coil acts.

Another thing that I noticed is how quiet and stable the machine was, even in the presence of heavily-concentrated black sand. I had the machine on the GoldField program with ground balancing set to tracking with the sensitivity cranked to 99.

Needless to say, I'm highly impressed with what XP has done. 2017-05-30_20.26.21.jpg

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Deus excels in sensitivity. Picks up little flecks of aluminum on up.

They added in 4.0 firmware release the Gold Field program for optimizing the machines parameters and graphical output.

The coil tuned for gold is now ready for the machine for gold prospecting.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this half gram nugget last weekend with the XP Deus and the new 9" HF coil....
Needless to say, I'm highly impressed with what XP has done. View attachment 1459024

I don't get to detect for nuggets, living on the East Coast, but I had to chime in and compliment that picture of the little nugget - what a beauty!

- Brian

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get to detect for nuggets, living on the East Coast, but I had to chime in and compliment that picture of the little nugget - what a beauty!

- Brian
Thanks man! Kinda looks like a skull in a way. Might've found pirate treasure, lol.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread