Detector Trade

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a Nokta Fors Gold Metal Detector that I bought a couple year and a half ago. It works really good for nugget shooting but it's a little sensitive for using out on the beach with all the black sands. When I bought the Fors Gold I lived where I did nothing but nugget shooting but I moved to the coast recently and I would like something I could use on the beaches also. It's a little sensitive for all the black sands on the beaches.

Would anyone consider a trade straight across for a Garrett AT Pro or Gold? Or consider a deal of some kind? PM me, I'm in Oregon.

Thanks

Upvote 0

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want a machine for the beaches and for nugget hunting take a look at pulse induction machines. A Whites TDI SL is great on the beach and is pretty good for nuggets too. The downfall to a PI unit is there is no discrimination.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you will be hunting on the wet salt sand, don't get the AT gold. If you want to discriminate out the iron and not have a problem with the wet salt sand get a multi frequency machine. Most manufacture make one or two. I personally like the minelab Safari. But the Safari is not a nugget machine. You are better off with two detectors a dedicated beach machine and one for nugget hunting. But this is just mine opinion.:laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Nokta Fors Gold Metal Detector that I bought a couple year and a half ago. It works really good for nugget shooting but it's a little sensitive for using out on the beach with all the black sands. When I bought the Fors Gold I lived where I did nothing but nugget shooting but I moved to the coast recently and I would like something I could use on the beaches also. It's a little sensitive for all the black sands on the beaches.

Would anyone consider a trade straight across for a Garrett AT Pro or Gold? Or consider a deal of some kind? PM me, I'm in Oregon.

Thanks

I also posted in gold detecting

Since your not a charter member only charter members can reply with offer to do a trade, any non charter member offers will be deleted. If a charter member post a trade wanted ad anyone can reply and offer a trade. Advantage is always to the Charter Member..

OP
OP
O

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you will be hunting on the wet salt sand, don't get the AT gold. If you want to discriminate out the iron and not have a problem with the wet salt sand get a multi frequency machine. Most manufacture make one or two. I personally like the minelab Safari. But the Safari is not a nugget machine. You are better off with two detectors a dedicated beach machine and one for nugget hunting. But this is just mine opinion.:laughing7:

Yeah i was hoping to still have the ability to nugget shoot every once in a while and go hit the beaches without dropping another $600 but yeah I understand your point

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
find a used Whites DFX or a V3i.... great machines for the beach. Of the two the V3i will find gold and work the beach.... The DFX is not a good gold nugget hunter.

But I gotta tell ya Oregon beaches are pretty sparse hunting... they are not inviting to the sunbathing volley ball playing crowd.....

Now if you want to get set up for beach mining.... Going for the fine gold and sometimes platinum get in touch and i'll be happy to give you some info.

Being in Coos bay your only about an hour from me and I come down that way quite often.

Also your not too far from the southern Oregon gold fields and rivers.... take that fors gold up the rouge river and some of the tributaries..... do some sniping and crevicing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
find a used Whites DFX or a V3i.... great machines for the beach. Of the two the V3i will find gold and work the beach.... The DFX is not a good gold nugget hunter.

But I gotta tell ya Oregon beaches are pretty sparse hunting... they are not inviting to the sunbathing holly ball playing crowd.....

Now if you want to get set up for beach mining.... Going for the fine gold and sometimes platinum get in touch and i'll be happy to give you some info.

Being in Coos bay your only about an hour from me and I come down that way quite often.

Also your not too far from the southern Oregon gold fields and rivers.... take that for gold up the rouge river and some of the tributaries..... do some sniping and crevicing.

I've been waiting for an invite john I know your into that beach gold. I'm headed up tomorrow to do some sluicing since the rivers are a little high for fishing. From here until April though i'm pretty much on the river fishing if the water is even close to in shape. PM next time you go and I'll meet up with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread