Detecting Platinum?

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, A local old timer told me that a man kept trying to buy a small piece of land out of a large acreage piece from him for several years. The man recently became terminally ill and right before he died mentioned that he found Platinum on the land. We are in Virginia just east of the Blue Ridge. There are several creeks on the property. The old timer is a known Bull Sh**ter but wants me to try to find the platinum with my detector. I have a Tesoro Tejon and have a friend with a CTX 3030. Would either of these work? How would we go about hunting? Thanks Steve

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This man's name wasn't Von Raven was it?

The Von Raven gold and platinum mines weren't productive but he kept digging and finding traces of what he claimed was gold and platinum at his two "mines".

Both "mines" are on private property so you will need to get permission to detect. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, He is a local here in Virginia. He owns the property that the Platinum was said to be on. He wants us to locate it for him and would probably give us each a tootsie roll pop if we found it. I know him too well and am not too excited about the hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread