Selling your Gold.... Shopping around for the highest price....

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170108_104541.jpg

Hi, I buy and sell gold on the side... I have searched locally, and out of state, and you would be amazed, how much of difference you will get for your gold..
I had the same amount of 10K and 14k gold, quoted at 4 places... see below

1. $680 local jewelry place
2. $780 "Cash for gold"
3. $1,080 a Jewelry place I send to, in florida for years
4. $1,331 my honey hole place now..... Express Cash Gold

I have been dealing with them for 6 batches of gold and sterling silver... Express Cash Gold in Salamanca, Ny
they will send a fed-ex over night pack to put your gold and silver in, they get it the next day and start evaluation the next day, within 24 hours of them getting it, they email you a quote, if you accept, check go's out that day to you.... if you don't like the quote, they will send it all back to you..

They test your gold, because there are many fake pc. marked 14k Italy, that's junk plated from Mexico, I had some rejected and they sent back to me... I bought a cheap test kit of ebay for $14, and now I test mine before sending... I'm in direct contact with the owner now, so, if you mention that Ray Terwilliger, sent you, you will get extra care... Great Place, and you won't be sorry... 5 star rated too..

Upvote 0

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good info and "good on you" to shop your gold around. So many of those places with signs that say WE BUY YOUR GOLD should substitute BUY with STEAL. It always helps to be informed. Also a good idea to weigh your stuff before taking it in. I know of one place where they have funky scales.

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not gold....It's jewelry!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wonder what their placer rate is

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wonder what their placer rate is

....Less than what you could get by whipping up batches of paydirt and selling them. If I lived in your area and I wanted to sell my gold that's what I'd do. Just seed it with x amount of gold and charge accordingly for it.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
...Why not contact them and ask?? If you have placer gold, it has some amount of purity, right? In some cases, natural gold can be as much as 99% pure, and is very often 92% or better. So contact them and see if they want to buy REAL gold. And if so, rather than asking HOW MUCH they'll pay, ask instead how they figure what they pay for gold.

I just went to their website and it looks as though they would not have a problem with buying placer gold. They offer a price match guarantee, and will even send your item(s) back free with a bonus if you're not completely satisfied. Sounds pretty legit to me. They even pay for less than 1-oz quantities, though I would try to make an order AT LEAST a couple of ounces if possible.

The ONLY thing I saw was that while they will pay wholesale for your gemstones if still in their settings, they don't outright "buy" loose gemstones. However, they may (guess it's their call) throw in some extra $$ for loose stones, but they prefer intact. On their FAQ page, it seems to read that they'll readily accept placer gold even though it's not specified. Like I said, if you have any questions, call them.

I just wonder where their gold is going to? Do they refurbish and then re-sell older jewelry at a huge profit? Do they get top dollar from China or some other foreign entity? :dontknow:

https://www.expressgoldcash.com/ (home page)

https://www.expressgoldcash.com/faqs/ (FAQ page)

hogtucker

Tenderfoot
Jan 18, 2017
Idaho
Detector(s) used
gold bug made by fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they doc for purity and 6 to 8 percent,,when I sell fines they hit me with to 18 to 16 percent,,it costs about 35 to 50 dollars to have it assayed or x ray defractor tom Lindsey marvin tanner of gem state gold and silver in boise id is the biggest burn there is ,,when ya walk out of there your shorts are on backwards and a nickel in your hand and fresh pile of free corncobs as you go out the door ,,,,true story..

T

Tuolumne

View attachment 1408827

Hi, I buy and sell gold on the side... I have searched locally, and out of state, and you would be amazed, how much of difference you will get for your gold..
I had the same amount of 10K and 14k gold, quoted at 4 places... see below

1. $680 local jewelry place
2. $780 "Cash for gold"
3. $1,080 a Jewelry place I send to, in florida for years
4. $1,331 my honey hole place now..... Express Cash Gold

I have been dealing with them for 6 batches of gold and sterling silver... Express Cash Gold in Salamanca, Ny
they will send a fed-ex over night pack to put your gold and silver in, they get it the next day and start evaluation the next day, within 24 hours of them getting it, they email you a quote, if you accept, check go's out that day to you.... if you don't like the quote, they will send it all back to you..

They test your gold, because there are many fake pc. marked 14k Italy, that's junk plated from Mexico, I had some rejected and they sent back to me... I bought a cheap test kit of ebay for $14, and now I test mine before sending... I'm in direct contact with the owner now, so, if you mention that Ray Terwilliger, sent you, you will get extra care... Great Place, and you won't be sorry... 5 star rated too..

what were the weights of your stash? how much of the 10 and 14k? What was spot bid at the time? The picture doesnt look like over a ounce?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread