Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you go on Steve Hershbach site detector prospector I believe he talks about that coil some in his review of the Macro Gold Detector

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any large coil is heavy, once out on the end of a metal detector shaft it transforms its weight into leverage to your various body parts. holding straps help to transfer the leveraged weight to less injury prone parts of the human body but the body still has to carry the load.

then again large coils cover large quantities of ground quickly and more deeply than smaller coils, be prepared to take care of sore muscles in various parts of your body. rest frequently, change from left side to right side as being miserable for a week or two while doing physical therapy to remove the damage is not a good use of ones time. Best of Success for whatever you have in mind!...................63bkpkr

I have the largest coil for a Whites GMT, it is smaller than 15.5x 13, and it is still tiring!

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Isn't the coil in question ultralight?

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use the big coils on all my Nok/Mak detectors for gold prospecting. I dont use them as much as smaller coils, but they are good for hunting for a new patch of gold while covering alot of ground. They will find small pieces too, and they are not heavy to me anyway. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread