Some Good Nuggetshooting Advice

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,
I know one of the detectors you have recommended in the past is the Tesoro Lobo ST which is what I own. On the video the guys emphasize that detectors work best when the coils scrape the ground. The manufacturer instructions for the Lobo are specific in saying "The searchcoil should not touch the ground during your sweep" and that is the way I have been using it. What has been your experience with the Lobo and what are your recommendations for optimal operation? If there are some other helpful tips specific to the Lobo, those would be appreciated too.
Thanks.

Scrubbing the ground with the LST is what I do when possible. As low to the ground as you can in All Metal, Sensitivity about 6.

Attachments

• lobo 007.jpg
    lobo 007.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Again, thanks Terry.

I'm wondering if you have a link to the session they speak of doing next at the conference/fair? They are going to explain ground balancing the VLFS in the next talk.

I think I have the GB down alright, but I learned new pointers in the first part which I thought I had mastered too.

Mike

Hi Mike. No, I don't have the next talk, but I do have Steve Gholson, talking about ground balancing:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions