How to metal detect for gold

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess I missed that....:laughing7:
Oh well, a little redundancy isn't all bad .........

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The video is a bit random in places, as they admit, because they don't always go in a straight line, but there certainly are some solid tips and researched advice on how to use your detector properly, whether it's a VLF or a Pulse machine. So, it takes patience to get through the whole video because it is in no way designed to be a scripted, slick video, but I look at getting the useful information from their video as being kind of like panning. When you pan, you have to float off the lighter materials, get rid of things in the pan that are in the way, know what to throw out, what to keep to look at closer later, remember not go too fast while you're at it, etc., and just keep at it until you've concentrated the worthwhile stuff so you get to the gold. Well, this video is like that. You've got to stick with it until you've concentrated the good stuff to get to the golden advice, and it certainly is there in their presentation.

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I like the nuggets and flakes of gold in that video so much, I'm going to post it in my main thread.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a little sumpin'-sumpin' from 2010:

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Terry.....
I promise not to repost this one.........:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread