Gold on quartz

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, guys and gals. Here is a video of the two quartz rocks that I picked up recently at an old gold prospecting site. The point here is the beautiful color of the rocks and the testing for gold using the Falcon MD20. The dark color of the quartz is what you are looking for when eyeballing random rocks. Mineralization is the KEY to finding quartz that may contain gold. As you will see in the pan pic, there was very little gold on the rocks. Only two or three gold flakes are visible but there is a lot of very fine gold flour in the pan.... enough in both rocks to make the very sensitive MD20 sound off. The gully found is going to be checked out very closely! TTC

Pan.JPG

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Dirthogg

Nov 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm. Interesting.I have an MD 20 and am quite versed with said.Gladd you found out the mystery that the gold was in the dirt.Good Vid by the way.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm. Interesting.I have an MD 20 and am quite versed with said.Gladd you found out the mystery that the gold was in the dirt.Good Vid by the way.
I was checking the rocks out and quickly deduced that the MD20 only sounded off at the dirt. It's possible that gold may be in the rocks also but the amount was not close enough to the surface of the rock(s) to get a sounding. That Falcon is an amazing machine, isn't it? TTC

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I enjoy your "hands-on" videos Terry, in fact I also enjoyed your "Jeep" video where you climb the steep road whilst putting-up your claim markers. Such presentations are the stuff that make forum viewing a genuine pleasure. Hope you will post more such videos here when you feel so inclined. Thankyou, and yes the Falcon is an amazing device. 8-)

Jim.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoy your "hands-on" videos Terry, in fact I also enjoyed your "Jeep" video where you climb the steep road whilst putting-up your claim markers. Such presentations are the stuff that make forum viewing a genuine pleasure. Hope you will post more such videos here when you feel so inclined. Thankyou, and yes the Falcon is an amazing device. 8-)

Jim.
Ha ha! Yes, Jim, there will be more, I'm sure. The jeep video accidentally let out the secret that my immediate family calls me Butch. Sounds funny coming from anyone else. My younger sister did not know my name was Terry (she only knew me as Butch) until she started school and the kids were calling me Terry! Videos can say a lot more than a pic and the written description.... my two typing fingers get blistered! Stay tuned, my friend! Terry

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Don't ignore the big chunks!

I'll assume you've already visited Ironstone Winery and have seen their 44lb monster specimen. Worth the visit to anybody in the Murphy area!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Don't ignore the big chunks!

I'll assume you've already visited Ironstone Winery and have seen their 44lb monster specimen. Worth the visit to anybody in the Murphy area!
Been to Ironstone twice. Last time was to see a Willie Nelson concert. I'm a wanna-be cowboy! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread