Your Falcon MD20 will not stop squeeling...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good vid Terry and a good explanation! Where were you 8 years ago? Mine did the same and after touching the pot you said not to had to take it to one of the techs at work. I'm sure you're going to save a lot of folks some headaches.

Gotta ask when you got your boot camp pics back were you amazed how well they retouched the sunburnt ears, peeling foreheads, and skeeter bites out? I still giggle when I drag the ole scrapbook out.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it's "squeeling" like a pig as in "Deliverance", then it probably shouldn't be used in such a matter!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Terry the pic says invalid attachment when I try to view it. Any pic titled burnt ear needs to be seen.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I couldn't open it either

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trying again..... TTC

terry family 004.jpg Notice the burnt ear!!
(it appears the PFC rank was photoshopped in... forgot crossed rifles)

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You looked Purdy compared to what I ended up! In boot our platoon commander delighted in walking up and asking if you were flakey and flicking the scabs off your ears every time they were just about healed.

Again, good job on the vid & explanation!

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good information to have available. The first thing I wanted to know when I opened mine was "what do these pots do". Much appreciated. I'm hoping one day to be wise enough to add a more complex discriminator circuit to mine.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good information to have available. The first thing I wanted to know when I opened mine was "what do these pots do". Much appreciated. I'm hoping one day to be wise enough to add a more complex discriminator circuit to mine.
The small size and simple function is the beauty of this machine. Sitting on a mine dump with it really makes good sense! Tnx. TTC

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Terry, you heading back to the East Coast in the coming months/years?

It had been recommended that I pick up one of these gizmos, but gold is about a couple hours South of me. Your post validated the quality of the machine to me. Good post!

After the 4th Infantry pulled out, I got to spend several months of relaxation in Nha Trang :)

Nha Trang Vietnam 1969.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Terry, you heading back to the East Coast in the coming months/years?

It had been recommended that I pick up one of these gizmos, but gold is about a couple hours South of me. Your post validated the quality of the machine to me. Good post!

After the 4th Infantry pulled out, I got to spend several months of relaxation in Nha Trang :)

View attachment 1448144
No.... will be hanging out here in CA area for the rest, probably. Gotta have a back procedure before I can get really busy. The MD20 is very specialized. Think about it hard to determine if you'll need one. No depth to speak of yet will find the "smallest" when looking. Going from 75 degree indoor heat to 90 degree outdoor sun can cause problems. Be ready to turn one of those pots! I love it, though. Nha Trang was too far south. Never got further south than Tam Ky. No need. Had enough to do in the Hue/Phu Bai area for a life time! Take care. TTC

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the video Terry. I had tuned mine several years ago, but I had forgotten which one the people at Falcon had told me to adjust.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks

Hello
Wow thank you for the video clip Terry C. 8-) Does this also work on the older MD10? Most older MD10's have by now bad coil wires as well. Have two that I replaced the coil wires and it stopped the squealing as well. The older units sure have bad coil wires and is a real pain to pull the circuit board out to cut and solider new wires.
Anyone use a Falcon on say on 1/4 - 3/8 inch size rock when test crushing to save time to see if there is any small bits of metal?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If your MD20 just won't stop sqeeling no matter where you set the knobs. There is a simple fix, BUT messing with the inside will VOID THE WARRANTY. If your MD20 is no longer under warranty or you bought the machine used, try this simple fix. TTC

Thanks for taking the time to post the video Terry!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for taking the time to post the video Terry!

All the best,

Lanny
Tnx, Lanny. I think I will do another. I rambled too much and also should have purposely thrown it out of whack so someone would see the fix really works. ╦╦Ç

bchopeful

Jan 26, 2012
Lillooet, British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi terry C. I just wanted to give you a shout out that this worked on my MD20. Mine was squealing as soon as you turn the sensitivity button on. I followed your video to a 't" and it worked instantly! Thanks a million for posting this!

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
for all of you that only get the black box and no video, here's a link to Terry's vid,

thanks Terry. highdesertranger

dang that didn't work. it just posted the stupid black box. grrrr

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread