quebec metal detecting for gold

shiro-san

Greenie
Jan 13, 2017
Quebec
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello

I see conflicting information on the subject and wondering if anyone knows about the local rules when it comes to metal detecting for gold. For example I know we're not allowed to dig up any type of artifact in Quebec in special zones. But what about metal detecting for gold?

I'm going to get a prospector license this year and ask them at the same time, but if anyone know please let me know.

Thank you

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello

I see conflicting information on the subject and wondering if anyone knows about the local rules when it comes to metal detecting for gold. For example I know we're not allowed to dig up any type of artifact in Quebec in special zones. But what about metal detecting for gold?

I'm going to get a prospector license this year and ask them at the same time, but if anyone know please let me know.

Thank you

Not to discourage you from asking questions on this forum but are you aware there is a very active and excellent gold prospecting forum in Canada? Google GPEX gold forum and you may get help from some knowledgeable Canadian prospectors from your area.

Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread