Is there any camera sensor(IR,Thermal,Hyperspectral) which can find gold unterground?

detectorjack

May 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any camera sensor(IR,Thermal,Hyperspectral) which can find gold underground?

Hi,

I have searched a lot on the Internet and also in this forum, but I have not found an answer to this question that whether it is possible to detect Gold unterground by using cameras?

Imagine a golden coin has been buried in 2 meters into the ground. How can one detect this coin using special camera sensors? I know thermal camera is not an option because it only detects temperature and possibly the temperatur of coin in the same as its surrounding. How about hyperspectral filter? People use this filter to find special material in aerial imagery, but I doubt that it can find a coin which can not be seen. I have no idea about IR camera.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bigsoldier

May 14, 2017
Detector(s) used
minelab gpx5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont think there is one.

it is not logical. :D

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always wondered about X-rays. Drill down, drop a big X-ray tube down and have sensors above showing the precious metal veins. Supposedly some lost mines around Pikes Peak separate from the Cripple Creek mining district. Offshoots of the main ore body near Victor, Colorado.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Color enhanced side scan sonar as proven in the 16 to 1 mine is all that I know of that will seek AND ID what you want-John

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have gold sniffing long-haired chinchilla I'll sell you. Doesn't eat much and loves kids. Guaranteed​ 1oz an hr.
I'll give you a deal at $5000. No need for sonar or radar just send him down a hole

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cameras have been used for treasure hunting for a long time. Some of the gpr looks promising. OKM has some really need vids on their products. Gold is like nothing else on the planet. Dosnt tarnish, and as far as I know doesnt let off vapors or auroras. Being gold is a excellent conductor, would suggest a camera that used a technology we have not discovered yet or know exist. The side scan idea is fascinating to me. Will research that in time. This subject has been discussed in depth on most treaure sites and it always ends the same. I finally just got a mining pan and read up on geology as I found thats a science I can use to find gold. But there are buried treasure out there. Satellites are doing some amazing things, as FLIR is also. Drones have opened up a world of exploration also. But I doubt you will find a buried coin with just a camera. Good luck.

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Metal detect the surface mounds of woodchucks, ground squirrels and fire ants...but be careful with those fire ant mounds. Sometimes the critters bring up treasures that give you a starting point to look deeper

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have gold sniffing long-haired chinchilla I'll sell you. Doesn't eat much and loves kids. Guaranteed​ 1oz an hr.
I'll give you a deal at $5000. No need for sonar or radar just send him down a hole

Ya and if it doesnt work out you have a good start to a stole for the Mrs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions