informitive beeping trip

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I went out with a few fellow detectorist to Majuba Placers. I brought my old MXT out for a guy who had no detector. He and I were swinging when he heard a sound on the MXT. I listened and noted that though it was a very small weak signal it was repeatable, so let's dig it, but before we did that I used my Minelab Eureka Gold, and it saw the target well. Very strong signal. Just goes to show not all detectors are the same. We dug and dug and finally had the target in the scoop. But as we slowly sorted out the target we got down to just about nothing in the scoop but detector said it was still in there. I finally found it. The smallest piece of Lead I have ever found. it was REALLY tiny! But at least we found it. That minelab Eureka in a side by side test with the 4500 and 5000 Minelabs did as well as those higher end units did. I could see all the targets they could see, and non of us could see the one microscopic flake I brought for a tester.
The bigger gold we all saw/heard.

Upvote 0

northern_sierras

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you been across the valley to the north in the Eugene Mtns? My buddy and I back packed in a remote canyon with no roads and there were several old mine dumps back there. Found a 8 gram nugget and 3 smaller pieces which looked rounded off like they have been in a creek. Majuba has a lot of quartz crystals but nothing compared to this area...i couldnt believe the amount of patches of solid quartz up there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread