Fisher Gold Bug II
Technetics G2+
5" keene dredge
2 1/2" keene highbanker/dredge combo
Keene A-52 sluice
4 Stack Deluxe Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm going to be up around Lake Shasta, next week. I would like to know of a few spots to sluice and metal detect (gold bug 2 and technetics g2+), where there's a good chance of finding some. My inlaws rented a house boat for the week. My wife, daughter (7) and I are taking the travel trailer, so we can do a little prospecting, before and after the boat trip. I would like to bring my 5" dredge or even my 2 1/2" highbanker combo...but ..... Reinhart hasn't won YET.

Thanks in advance. PM's are great, if you don't want to disclose things to the world.

Polekaat

Upvote 0

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't spend any time in that area...but if I was looking for an area to do some prospecting, I'd be looking for public land that has been withdrawn from mineral entry, which is also near active mineral claims.
The Land Matter's web site may help you out in that aspect.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well shucks, if you will be there anyway then you might just as well do some exploring with a detector. Confirm that it is legal for you to do so and if it is then try checking any and all places between hills where water could or is running as 'stuff' rolls/falls/slides etc. downhill and water helps it along. If you find something do NOT show it around like Sutter did!! Remember to enjoy yourself and have the family enjoy themselves as well. Good Luck........63bkpkr

OP
OP
P

polekaat

Jan 5, 2006
Ramah, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II
Technetics G2+
5" keene dredge
2 1/2" keene highbanker/dredge combo
Keene A-52 sluice
4 Stack Deluxe Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you for the replies. We are headed out NOW. Wish me luck!

Polekaat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread