USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

I live on 4 acres in Dahlonega, Ga. The land has a stream on it. I am starting to think that I should search for nuggets with my CTX3030. Is this worth trying and what settings do you recommend? There seems to be lots of pyrite in the stream and I've found tons of river rocks under the top soil.

Thanks,
EJD

Upvote 0

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
would say go for it what do you have to loose if you have the time just like myself i live on forty acres off grid and I figure what do I have to loose and if you do find some of the yellow stuff it is worth it

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One other thing just to give you a little incentive the area I live in is not known for holding much gold other then small particles but I have found a few nuggets in the area on my property so again I say what do you have to loose

BobM

Feb 7, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and the wife unit are looking for retirement land in Dahlonega, Ga. We have been down there a half dozen times over the years.
You can definitely detect the stream, me personally I would dig a couple of test holes and pan.

Check the property slowly with your MD, alot of people have been through that area, your bound to find something.
Good Luck
Bob M

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread