Chris Ralph Gold Monster 1000 Video

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up with the goofy looking writing on the box? Is it made down under or the middle east?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's up with the goofy looking writing on the box? Is it made down under or the middle east?

Produced mainly for the gold rush in Africa. :skullflag:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is Minelab's first universal detector, it has I believe 8 different languages on the user guide. What your referring to is Arabic, detector is made in Malaysia.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry!!!

You've posted a Minelab!

It is NOT a Tesoro?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have used the Minelab SD; GP; GPX; and new GPZ machines for years in the Goldfields Deep! :icon_thumright: Chris Ralph literally wrote the book on Gold Prospecting - "Fists Full of Gold."

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have used the Minelab SD; GP; GPX; and new GPZ machines for years in the Goldfields Deep! :icon_thumright: Chris Ralph literally wrote the book on Gold Prospecting - "Fists Full of Gold."
Anyone serious enough to go get their share of the "yeller", Has Ralph's "fists" on the bookshelf! ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey Terry. VERY good videos. Chris does a very good job. The Monster is a monster! As you, me, Clay, and other old salts will quickly see, there is really nothing new in the vids. Will it beat my GB2? Only my "hands on" will determine that. It is still a good VLF machine for sure. My only "minus" is the AGB has a (long standing) habit of cancelling out the TINY targets if not used properly. I will look further into its manual balance, if any. The "new-bees" need heed... slower, overlap, keep the coil at the ground. I'm on a tighter budget right now so I see no reason to stop using my GB2. Later Bud. Terry

EDIT: The Monster is so new I cannot find a pdf of the manual

Last edited:

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With that Arabic writing on the box and the different languages that the machine has. It looks to me that Minelab is trying to compete with Makro and Nokta. Maybe someone can do a side by side comparison of the two. I own the Gold Racer and have a hard time believing that the minelab would be the better choice.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With that Arabic writing on the box and the different languages that the machine has. It looks to me that Minelab is trying to compete with Makro and Nokta. Maybe someone can do a side by side comparison of the two. I own the Gold Racer and have a hard time believing that the minelab would be the better choice.
Makro, Nokta, Minelab, Garrett, Fisher Research, they all have worldwide markets.... and appeal... for good reason. ╦╦Ç

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makro, Nokta, Minelab, Garrett, Fisher Research, they all have worldwide markets.... and appeal... for good reason. ╦╦Ç

There is no pdf manual, in fact there is no manual at all, only a quick start card.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not in the same class, Minelab internal component quality is superior.

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not in the same class, Minelab internal component quality is superior.

Well of coarse, it's should be superior, it's a minelab but...

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well of coarse, it's should be superior, it's a minelab but...

If you want too find sub-gram gold nuggets up to 6"-7" deep, the Fisher Goldbug II is still your machine. The Monster outclasses the Goldbug II; Lobo Super Trac; Goldbug Pro; Teknetics G2; Garrett AT Gold - Whatever VLF detector you want to compare it to. With that said, depending on your location and ability to put your coil over nuggets, every one of these machines can find gold. :skullflag:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want too find sub-gram gold nuggets up to 6"-7" deep, the Fisher Goldbug II is still your machine. The Monster outclasses the Goldbug II; Lobo Super Trac; Goldbug Pro; Teknetics G2; Garrett AT Gold - Whatever VLF detector you want to compare it to. With that said, depending on your location and ability to put your coil over nuggets, every one of these machines can find gold. :skullflag:
Well said, Terry. ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread