Tight Lipped Miners

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
115-119 degrees in Arizona, does slow things down just a bit! :laughing7:

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
im out at 5 and in the recliner with a beer by 11. its too hot to stay out all day

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The claims at Rye Patch are roasting!

September is the next foray for the GOLD!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAY too hot as house duties first, then play and by then 100+ for over 17 days-setting records for ungodly temps and more on the way-YUCK-John

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting comments from everywhere but especially NorCal. Maybe this is why I'd thought I'd not make it into the hills till late August, of course assuming the fire season does not close some forests to access...................63bkpkr

Usually I'm down along a nice clear water river or stream so when I become too Warm, I just fall into the water (leaving my electronic gear on the shore line.

Forest camping in NorCal can be Buggy as well, at times the mosquitos can nearly carry a person off. Camping near the water is much less buggy at least in NorCal where I go............63bkpkr

Last edited:
OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nor-Cal
Too hot/dry around here to do much of anything without a risk of starting a fire.
Not sure I'd even feel comfortable digging a hole. I have seen the sparks fly when detecting at night.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is no fun detecting in the sun for too long. Here in Ontario, when the rain stops, the darn bugs come out in force and get worse at dawn and dusk. It is quite the year for them.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i drive 2 hrs get out there just before the sun comes up at 5am and leave about 10 and its over 100 by then.socal.
good luck to everyone. brad

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
i was being very careful today chipping at the crevices, sure could light the whole county up if you dont pay attention. sept 8-10 at rye patch, courtesy of gerry's md's. cant wait! 100-105 is hot, but not ungodly hot. im thankful for every summer day under 108*. dont think i could hack it in arizona.

Last edited:

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
115-119 degrees in Arizona, does slow things down just a bit! :laughing7:

True, probably will not return to the gold areas until Sept., 2 - 3 hour drive 1 way to hunt for 1 or 2 hours. Not me, lets not forget it is monsoon season here also, easy to get caught in heavy rain with flooded washes that you cannot cross.

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with the rains and now tall grass....it's been slow season. wait until end of august you'll see a lot more posts.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the fires of a few years ago the weeds on many of the trails where I go have heavy weed/ground cover growth, all very flammable. Couple this to the large amount of water available this year for plant growth and it makes for an IFFY situation. Be so careful with matches, fires, smokes or as mentioned sparks.....................63bkpkr

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM 1000, Whites Goldmaster II, Tesoro Bandido II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With the release of the new Goldmonster 1000 a few dedicated nugget hunters are getting out in the heat and scoring some yellar. I hope to start going out in a week or so, for a few hours at a time. Gotta get a gold fix. :laughing7:

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
its going to be brutal. but there are hotter places in the west

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
When we went camping and to Hubs's private claim a couple weeks ago: it was 105º in the shade, but we were in a canyon too, with a river very near by .. So too hot for me, furkid and Hubs, gonna wait till September to go and maybe not even then, wait a month later! Skeeters and Deer Flies were out like crazy this year.

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
When we went camping and to Hubs's private claim a couple weeks ago: it was 105º in the shade, but we were in a canyon too, with a river very near by .. So too hot for me, furkid and Hubs, gonna wait till September to go and maybe not even then, wait a month later! Skeeters and Deer Flies were out like crazy this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread