63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a great find and an enjoyable video, I especially liked the close up shots at the end. Great to see someone out detecting, digging and finding!.............63bkpkr

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great video and excellent find! Thanks for sharing! :icon_thumright:

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Placergold... congratulations on a marvelous find Greig!!!:icon_thumright: Joanne and I enjoyed your video and as Herb noted above, we especially appreciated viewing the close-up shots at the end of the video.

I'd like to also mention to you just how much we enjoy and appreciate the information you provide in your videos about searching for mineral crystals in the general Bancroft area. Just excellent work Greig, and we sincerely thank you for those efforts, not to mention the time and expense involved to produce them.

Jim.

ProspectorBill

Jan 12, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 300, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like you had a fun time and came home with a nice specimen. Good work! 8-)

OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. How were the bugs ? I am heading up there in a couple of weeks.

With all of the rain, the bugs have been out in full force. If you go up now, you can add heat to the possible complaints. It gets pretty warm in the black tailings when the sun shines. I think my next trip will be Sept.

OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on a great find and an enjoyable video, I especially liked the close up shots at the end. Great to see someone out detecting, digging and finding!.............63bkpkr

Thanks. I have taken my wife's SLR camera to try to get better footage, but I am still on the learning curve to consistently getting clear video. It is a pain in the butt to take the camera and tripod along when detecting. However, I really enjoy doing this, so will keep learning and trying...

OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Placergold... congratulations on a marvelous find Greig!!!:icon_thumright: Joanne and I enjoyed your video and as Herb noted above, we especially appreciated viewing the close-up shots at the end of the video.

I'd like to also mention to you just how much we enjoy and appreciate the information you provide in your videos about searching for mineral crystals in the general Bancroft area. Just excellent work Greig, and we sincerely thank you for those efforts, not to mention the time and expense involved to produce them.

Jim.

Thanks much! I really enjoy making the videos. I will continue to try to make them better. I was unsure if the slideshow at the end is a good idea, but to me it is an opportunity to get the cleaned rocks into focus. I know when I watch some videos, I like to really see the rocks. I just need to learn to take pictures like you. Your photos are extraordinary (and so are your specimens)...

Nano

Mar 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the camera rolling when I found a decent Cobalt, Ontario silver rock at an abandoned mine. I got over excited so thought it was more like 15 lbs at the time...

Hello,

Have you ever found a silver nugget and gold nugget in the same location? Or is that unheard of. Thanks.

OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would be the exacta. And no, I have not been that lucky. I have found gold nuggets and silver nuggets, but the spots were 3000KM apart (Ont vs BC).

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome find! I wish that Aquamarine would give off a signal when metal detecting! If it did, I could find all kinds of nice Aquamarine specimens at the Ray Mica Mine in North Carolina.

Frank

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a sweet sound your detector was making. That blends in with the over burder so well. You could just walk right by it all day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice find!! BUT I didn't see you scan that hole again for it's BIG BROTHER! :occasion14:

Oh, I got taught that lesson by Cryptic a while back when I abandoned a hole prematurely... LOL

OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find! I wish that Aquamarine would give off a signal when metal detecting! If it did, I could find all kinds of nice Aquamarine specimens at the Ray Mica Mine in North Carolina.

Frank

For sure, a detector would be hopeless for aqua. You ever tried a short wave UV light at night for them?

OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was a sweet sound your detector was making. That blends in with the over burder so well. You could just walk right by it all day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

When I first switched from detecting gold to silver, I did not dig some screamers because they were "too loud to be good". Live and learn..

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
For sure, a detector would be hopeless for aqua. You ever tried a short wave UV light at night for them?

No, I have not tried a UV light at night to find the Aquamarine. The mine has been picked over quite a bit by many other Gem Hunters and Clubs but there is still more to be found. It is just hard to get to in the deep tailings piles and the National Forest Service has changed a lot of the rules including access in the last 10 years due to some rogue Gem Hunters. I don't think night hunting for Aquamarine is allowed there anymore and there are quite a few deep mine holes, sort of like but not really the same as mine shafts. The timbers that once covered the holes have rotted away and the barbed wire and sheep wire fencing surrounding the holes has rusted away, so you have to be very cautious if wandering around at night.

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread