pressing my luck

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
got this one in the first half hour this morning, thought it was a sign of more to come, but was not the case. ive hammered this little creekbed, but keep finding more targets each time i come. i have a feeling my luck at this spot is about over til after the next heavy winter. it weighs 1.58 grams. about twice what i thought i was. had to weigh it twice to make sure. it was about 8 inches down under large cobble in very hot ground. barely heard it til i moved the cobbles. it was just a slight gain in the threshold, no defined signal.

20170723_123317.jpg 20170723_123338.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

squizzy

Greenie
Jul 21, 2015
Wangaratta
Detector(s) used
Adventure Ridge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What machine are you using there beekbuster? Nice find!!

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
sdc. got it in april. after a couple practice trips to get to know the machine, ive been batting 1000 ever since. cant wait to get out again. but now im anxious i might break my winning streak

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got this one in the first half hour this morning, thought it was a sign of more to come, but was not the case. ive hammered this little creekbed, but keep finding more targets each time i come. i have a feeling my luck at this spot is about over til after the next heavy winter. it weighs 1.58 grams. about twice what i thought i was. had to weigh it twice to make sure. it was about 8 inches down under large cobble in very hot ground. barely heard it til i moved the cobbles. it was just a slight gain in the threshold, no defined signal.

View attachment 1475524 View attachment 1475525

How far off bedrock?

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
to my surprise it was not wedged in the bedrock. it was near the bedrock, but not firmly attached to it.i was not expecting it to be in the handful of dirt i tossed across my coil. then i inspected the hole to see how much further the bedrock was. it was right at the bottom of my last scrape. maybe the 3rd target of the day. its not supposed to be that easy. granted it was barely a rise in the threshold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread