the creek keeps on giving

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
i used to be discouraged by silent ground. ive been through this creek a dozen times and im still coming up with more. 1.26 grams for the solid stuff. not sure the content on the rock, but it was 15.5 grains. pickin up the leftovers from ray mills & co. 20170805_123055.jpg 20170805_122720.jpg 20170805_062844.jpg 20170805_062834.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
you can see all the slobber on the ground from my drooling.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, absolutely wonderful slobber. California, right? My daughter just moved to San Jose. I want her to take me to one of the "salted" gold mine places next year. I have gold here out east, but you need an electron microscope to see it!

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! Fan freaking tastic again!! I went out today for the first time since we went. I got skunked again lol. I tried a new spot with no luck. Lots of needed excersise though hahaha

Sent from my XT1635-01 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
went to the creek i took you to. the one i took a pic of in the dirt was at the edge of the bank where i showed you i found that pile o' pickers. your machine could have found it with ease. the other 2 were pretty deep. one of the crumbs i had to chisle out of the host quartz. there might be more in it, but too many sparks were flying so i stopped

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's pretty incredible how good you are at zeroing in on the yellow. I'm going to try to really slow down my search. Maybe I'm just going too fast trying to cover more ground. I might go out for a few hours today and try to focus more

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
i overlap my sweeps, even more so with a mono coil. ill even approach from different directions. on previous trips i was passing up deeper ground and focusing on shallow ground. now ive been scraping larger rocks that are covering bedrock. the rock i found yesterday was mixed in overburden, no where near bedrock. good luck today josh

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some very sweet pieces there! Congrats and good luck for more! :occasion14:

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20170806_151804342.jpg
I caught 2 today! Thanks for the good luck! I slowed down, overlapped my sweeps and it payed off. I went to a spot I have been to several times. I never found anything with the metal detector here before but I new there was pickers from panning the creek a few years ago.

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, absolutely wonderful slobber. California, right? My daughter just moved to San Jose. I want her to take me to one of the "salted" gold mine places next year. I have gold here out east, but you need an electron microscope to see it!
only places I know that "salt" are panning places with troughs.I don't know of any "salted" creeks or "gold mines" that are there for digging.

The pay and play places are natural gold in the ground digs. There are many public places that are cheap or free to access. Get in touch with me when you come out you'll get put on some gold:icon_thumleft:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Super nice finds and congrats! However, it appears that you missed a really nice Gold Nugget that I think I am seeing in pic #4. It is just slightly right of dead center of the pic surrounded by the dark grayish to almost black rocks and to the left of the one that has the lines and breaks that looks like an alligator's hide or turtle shell. It may not be what it appears to be but if it were me, I would have Scotty beam me there right away. If it is a Gold Nugget which appears no more that two feet to the right of where you dug, then I would also sweep that whole area with a metal detector and process everything around there with a drywasher.

Frank

Gold Nugget.jpg

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super nice finds and congrats! However, it appears that you missed a really nice Gold Nugget that I think I am seeing in pic #4. It is just slightly r
ight of dead center of the pic surrounded by the dark grayish to almost black rocks and to the left of the one that has the lines and breaks that looks like an alligator's hide or turtle shell. It may not be what it appears to be but if it were me, I would have Scotty beam me there right away. If it is a Gold Nugget which appears no more that two feet to the right of where you dug, then I would also sweep that whole area with a metal detector and process everything around there with a drywasher.

Frank

View attachment 1480694
DANG!!???

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
well shoot. i was going to hit a different creek next time. now i wont be able to sleep til next time i go. at least i know right where it is :tongue3: so i wont spend too much time looking for it. something to look forward to after a day of installing insulation...... i need a grunt

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
well shoot. i was going to hit a different creek next time. now i wont be able to sleep til next time i go. at least i know right where it is :tongue3: so i wont spend too much time looking for it. something to look forward to after a day of installing insulation...... i need a grunt

Who could sleep! If it were me, I would be on my way there now with some strong flashlights, head lamps, metal detector, shovels, Gold Classifiers and buckets. Who needs sleep anyway as it is highly over rated??!!

Frank

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
youre killin me... im too gullible for this