Tidbits

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took some time off from prepping for a forest fire and came up with these tidbits of gold.
Went up to my dads claim and dug some nails off the bedrock.
These pieces just happened to come out in the dirt with the nails.
Good reason not to pass on iron when it is located on or near bedrock.

DSCN1409.jpg

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you're on bedrock where water's redepositing gold, always check what's running with the iron. You've given some golden advice for sure.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're on bedrock where water's redepositing gold, always check what's running with the iron. You've given some golden advice for sure.

All the best,

Lanny

Thanks! This is the first time all summer that I have gotten a chance or felt like I had the drive to go out and do some searching.

This heat and smoke was kind of intense.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks! This is the first time all summer that I have gotten a chance or felt like I had the drive to go out and do some searching.

This heat and smoke was kind of intense.

We've been suffering under the same intense circumstances and got driven out of the gold fields by the extensive wild fires.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've been suffering under the same intense circumstances and got driven out of the gold fields by the extensive wild fires.

All the best,

Lanny

The visibility was 500 feet or so.
Picked up a chunk of charcoal that was the size of a matchbook.
It had fallen from a thermal column caused by the forest fire.

Luckily for us we got a pretty good thunder storm which put out the 68,000 acre fire.

Accidentally gave my detector a good rinse in the river...hopefully it will work fine after drying out.
I think it will.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread