Caught 2 today

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It finally cooled down today so I got out to a creek I have been to many times it's been a long time since I've been down to this spot and this time there is garbage everywhere..homeless camps and trash piles. Some tweeker has been tearing up the bedrock and leaving booze bottles, scratcher tickets, empty cigarette packs and food package trash all over the dry creek bottom and his bucket which was full of broken bedrock chunks, shovel, pry bar and a magnifying glass. I don't know what this person is doing to recover any gold. There is no water...and he's not moving the busted up bedrock it's all over the place. I just had to detect this section to see.. I kicked over some of the busted up bedrock and sure enough....he's not getting the gold lol. I got both of these out of the same crack right under his mess. One is a nice lil specimen IMG_20170914_165503648.jpg IMG_20170914_165927038.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Upvote 0

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
i think i was in you spot later in the day, you described it to a tee. lots of garbage on the bank, but the creek was surprisingly silent. 2 bullets and a quartz spec.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
i dont think they make beer cans small enough to make it proportional to yours. good choice though. best quality for the money

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont think they make beer cans small enough to make it proportional to yours. good choice though. best quality for the money
My Dad Hauled this out of the Middle fork of the feather river in 1958. (Now deep under water due to Dam construction) It weighs a little over 1 OZ troy assayed. Not many of these are found these days.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
20170918_181526.jpg thanks again josh. next time we will have a strategy down and get many more.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
My Dad Hauled this out of the Middle fork of the feather river in 1958. (Now deep under water due to Dam construction) It weighs a little over 1 OZ troy assayed. Not many of these are found these days.

not that is spoken about anyways. if i find a whopper, ill still post it, but it will be a couple years later, after ive exhausted my efforts to find more

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It finally cooled down today so I got out to a creek I have been to many times it's been a long time since I've been down to this spot and this time there is garbage everywhere..homeless camps and trash piles. Some tweeker has been tearing up the bedrock and leaving booze bottles, scratcher tickets, empty cigarette packs and food package trash all over the dry creek bottom and his bucket which was full of broken bedrock chunks, shovel, pry bar and a magnifying glass. I don't know what this person is doing to recover any gold. There is no water...and he's not moving the busted up bedrock it's all over the place. I just had to detect this section to see.. I kicked over some of the busted up bedrock and sure enough....he's not getting the gold lol. I got both of these out of the same crack right under his mess. One is a nice lil specimen View attachment 1494530 View attachment 1494531

Sent from my XT1635-01 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Nicely done!

Way to be persistent!!

All the best on those two nice finds,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread