New Australian PI metal detector this year

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
It's called the QED Metal detector. Look it up on Youtube and you'll see some deep holes being dug. That being said the one guy gave a fair review of it when he was on some particularly hot ground along with his SDC4500 and said the Minelab was quieter and an overall better detector. But here in the states where are ground it not a bad it would shine. Has anyone tried it? It's priced about the same as the TDI Pro maybe a little less.

I think for now I'll see if there are some mods that Reg Sniff could do to my TDI SL to give me more depth but will keep an eye on this new detector. Also it uses coils designed for Minelab.

Randy Seden

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's called the QED Metal detector. Look it up on Youtube and you'll see some deep holes being dug. That being said the one guy gave a fair review of it when he was on some particularly hot ground along with his SDC4500 and said the Minelab was quieter and an overall better detector. But here in the states where are ground it not a bad it would shine. Has anyone tried it? It's priced about the same as the TDI Pro maybe a little less.

I think for now I'll see if there are some mods that Reg Sniff could do to my TDI SL to give me more depth but will keep an eye on this new detector. Also it uses coils designed for Minelab.

Randy Seden

Not familiar with it, but I'm sure someone else may be, or perhaps you should try the Australian forums.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
S

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
I did manage to find an Aussie review from back in Feb. testing it along side a GPX4500 in some bad ground around Victoria I believe. And at that time the 4500 won out. The company has made a few changes since then so I will keep an eye on this unit to see how it improves overtime as the lads down under do the leg work testing it for us all in the Colonies :hello:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread