Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody. I found a good deal on a Garrett AT Pro here locally (well about 3 hours away). I talked to the guy for about 15 minutes, he's an older retired gentleman, and seemed like a straight forward guy. I'm looking into getting into nugget shooting. I know that where I am at, the gold is mostly flake and SMALL nuggets. My concern is that the AT Pro at 15khz may not be good for shooting? The price is $325. I have also looked into other deals on ebay and such, and was looking at gold bug/2/pro. Just out of curiousity, what are your opinions? Get the good priced AT Pro, or spend more and get something else? I'm pretty capped at $500, but that's a stretch too. The AT Pro is all stock, with the OEM headphones. I found some bundle deals on ebay, but with this guy being an older gentleman, I doubt he abused his equipment. Probably didn't use it all that much. I like the thought of the gold bug at its high sensitivity and 71khz (I believe? Don't quote me). Anyways, that's the opinions I'm looking for.

Side question. If I got the AT Pro, what do you think the smallest piece of gold it would detect at a standard depth? Let's say like 4-8 inches maybe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Upvote 0

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, the GM seems to be doing fine job since it's release so I think it will serve you well, It is a great machine,

congrats, I hope you do well with it, let us know how it works out,

good luck.

OP
OP
J

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Now I just have to find a good place to run it. It's pretty hard to figure that out, for my state and neighboring state. Hopefully I'll be able to meet some fellow prospectors on here that would want to pair up.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Now I just have to find a good place to run it. It's pretty hard to figure that out, for my state and neighboring state. Hopefully I'll be able to meet some fellow prospectors on here that would want to pair up.

Do a search on the net and join a local club then you will find new friends and also get access to their claims, and make some lasting memories too,

hope that helps,

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's some great info. I ended up getting the GM 1000.

Nice! Your gonna really like it, extremely easy learning curve on it and it will hit on some pretty small gold. Jonathan Porter, Steve Herschbach, and Chris Ralph all have a couple of really good write ups on how to use it on the minelab site.

https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/mastering-the-gold-monster-1000
https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-mine...r-1000-methodology-manual-vs-auto-sensitivity
https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-mine.../getting-the-most-from-your-gold-monster-1000

Chris Ralph also has 3 videos on youtube you should check out too.

OP
OP
J

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've already watched all yt vids, now I'm trying to find forums with real costumers and users, not paid retailers or partners. I understand advertising, but it seems like that is the only discussions going on right now..metal detector retailers/distributors that Minelab contacted to do a review. I want to hear real people's experiences, tips, tricks, etc.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've already watched all yt vids, now I'm trying to find forums with real costumers and users, not paid retailers or partners. I understand advertising, but it seems like that is the only discussions going on right now..metal detector retailers/distributors that Minelab contacted to do a review. I want to hear real people's experiences, tips, tricks, etc.

I just sent you a personal message, ok.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Understandable but those in depth reviews I linked are pretty spot on, some advertising obviously but a lot of good info on using the gm 1000, I've already found gold going by what they wrote in those reviews. Like I said its a pretty simple machine, there's not much of a learning curve so you'll pick it up it up pretty quick and be findin gold with it in no time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread