D

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually I am going to Reno, Carson City and Virginia City.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East on 50 from Carson City , in the valley barely, is Brunswick Canyon Road,hang a right-south-go to the river and go east and the Brunswick placers are there. Lots of luck Rick. The Museum in CC has been redone and is amazing but alas Gold Nugget massive display in the Nugget is gone as new owners covet cash and not history-IN VC you look down 5 Mile canyon Road from the rear patio of the Bucket of Blood Saloon,to Dayton and that's where I lived for 5 years or so,was heaven then, now water polluted hell.Have a ball-John

OP
OP
D

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Any chance they might have renamed that street. Not seeing it on my maps.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Brunswick Placers are private Patented land now. Take N. Deer Run Road south off 50 and Brunswick Canyon Road is a left just before the bridge over the Carson River. There is now a huge "sand and gravel" operation on the first big bend in the canyon. You will need to get permission from the owners before you can prospect there. Behind that is the landfill.

There are bits and pieces of BLM managed lands away from the river. There are no mining claims there because of a withdrawal - and the landfill. :BangHead:

I'm thinking it's been a while since Hoser was there. He's right about the water though. The more they've tried to "fix" the water the worse it's gotten.

Heavy Pans

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
to Dayton and that's where I lived for 5 years or so,was heaven then, -John

Dayton was heaven for a few of us "back in the day" about 40+ years ago.....! If I remember right....Moonlight, Starlight, and Kit Kat Ranch?????? Sorry couldn't resist but when I hear anything about Dayton it reminds me of the good ol days.......lol

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They paid all the property taxes for the county. Brand new house on 5 acres the tax was like $76 and kept the perves away from the kids so not all bad-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions