"Best" Settings for Minelab GPZ & GPX Machines - Bill Southern's Advice

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Question:

There are so many settings for the Minelab GPZ 7000, and I’m trying to find out what works best at Gold Basin, Arizona. - Sonny

Answer:

“EACH AREA IS DIFFERENT, and that being the case it also matters which mode you are hunting in as to what other adjustments in Sensitivity etc. will be done by the operator. Didn't the guy you got it from offer training Sonny? Anyway, there is no "best" all around setting on the GPZ or the GPX detectors, as it very much depends on where you are hunting, depth of the ground and which coil, and which mode you are running in. I use deeper ground settings in most of the Gold basin areas unless I am in a shallow wash then I may switch back into "High Yield"

One thing to remember with the 7000 as well as GPX is it must be set up to match hunting and ground conditions as each mode will hear less or more of certain sized targets either shallow or deep and a feller hunting deep ground at gold basin in "High Yield" will leave deep larger targets for me, but on the other hand in shallower ground of one foot of less the person in "High Yield" will hear smaller nuggets much deeper than I would if I stayed in the "General" setting.” – Bill Southern, NuggetShooter.com

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Excellent, informative videos Terry, thanks very much for posting them. 8-)

Jim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions