Success with TDI SL

Sam_at_Armadillo

Oct 1, 2016
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an awesome customer that has been pretty successful of late with his TDI SL. I thought you would enjoy seeing the fruits of his labor.

IMG_5503.jpg IMG_5510.jpg IMG_5504.jpg

Back Story:
My customer, (who would like to remain anonymous) a Southern Oregon Gold Dredger that loves to be out in our mountains all year round. He spends his summer weekends in the water with his dredge. A few years ago, he decided to try his hand at Metal Detecting the ground his has been traipsing over for 25 or 30 years. We discuss his options. He has had an MXT for years, but for Placer Gold it just wasn’t going to avoid the hot rocks and cover the tuff ground that he wants to look in. I sent him out with my demo GMT and my personal TDI SL. Clearly the TDI SL was the right choice for his highly mineralized ground. So the machine was decided. He also wanted the right coil for HIS ground. He works a lot of shallow bedrock, also right on the edge of the creek and up the bank often following bedrock. He decided on the SMALLEST folded mono coil we could find with the elliptical shape. His terrain is tuff, rocks and trees in all the right places / wrong places, depending on if something is found.

Fast Forward 2 Years:
He has had a very exciting year. Finding the smallest picker first and getting bigger each time.
He has purchased a second coil to cover more ground and get the optimal depth.
We have also just finished our research and purchase for an increased voltage battery for the best performance and longer run time on the bigger coil.
He is off this weekend to test it out!

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, I would love to go over that ground with my Zed! :occasion14:

roadapple

Nov 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep us posted on future finds with his TDI !!! Thanks for sharing !

OP
OP
S

Sam_at_Armadillo

Oct 1, 2016
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update:

My customer got to spend the weekend hunting with his newest coil and beefed up battery!
He was very pleased.
He detected all day, about 6 hours, with the 8x10 coil on the new battery with juice left to spare.

Here are a few pictures of his lastest finds.
He also found a burrow shoe. Not pictured.
11-4-17 blast cap.jpg 11-4-17 nuggett.jpg

roadapple

Nov 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dialed into the Gold ! It's always nice to see success when using the TDI ! Keep the posts coming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread