Underground Gold detector For Indian Soils

Aug 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear All,

Looking for Underground gold detector specially for the buried gold (coins, jewelry & gold bar etc,) expected quantity varies from 1/2 kilo to 10 kilo at the depth of 12 to 15 feet.

Required specifications (as per my littler knowledge)

1) 3D
2) Minimum depth 15 feet (if possible)

Please suggest me the best quality gold detector which fulfills my requirement

Upvote 0

amar

Greenie
Nov 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear All,

Looking for Underground gold detector specially for the buried gold (coins, jewelry & gold bar etc,) expected quantity varies from 1/2 kilo to 10 kilo at the depth of 12 to 15 feet.

1) 3D

You can try with okm exp 6000 and black hawak , nokta golden king dpr plus, makro deep hunter etc. For best result.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not have a clue amar, those are some serious Required specifications you have there, but if you DO find what your looking for, do let us know.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dear All,

1) 3D

There is no such thing as a "3D" metal detector. That's a marketing gimmick. You can post process the signal to get a contoured graph rather than a straight line graph but the information is always misleading. It does look cool though. :thumbsup:

To get the type of depth you desire you will be limited to a ground penetrating radar unit. Even then if the ground is mineralized or wet you won't be able to achieve that 15 foot depth. If you are searching in dry sand a good GPR should get you deeper than 15 foot.

The size of the object you are searching for is a significant factor. Coins jewelry etc. are going to have to be pretty shallow to show up. Figure a few inches. Considerably larger objects including gold bars etc. are not going to be detectable at 15 plus feet. The soil disturbance from digging a hole 15 foot deep to bury an item will show up if the conditions are right. Most pros using GPR at depth are looking for voids, signs of digging or tunnels. Those sort of features are much more likely to be detected by GPR.

For the depth you are searching in you will need a very low frequency radar unit. Around a 100 MHz or less antenna/unit is what you will be looking for. Any higher than that and you will lose depth quickly. The trade off is greater depth = lower sensitivity.

Cost is way high for an actual functioning 100Mhz unit. They start around $15,000 and go way up from there. An inexperienced operator will have a very difficult time getting any real value out of a pro machine. The learning curve is steep.

Professional GPR geolocating services begin around $3,000 a day for 18" deep pipes. Figure about 8-12 times that much for objects at depth if you can find an owner/operator that isn't already booked by mining companies.

GPR units are not "gold detectors". They can not discriminate between the objects they sense. They are good at defining different general signal densities but calculating depth is almost impossible unless the ground is homogenous (dry sand) and there is a known reference depth to a buried object of the same material you are looking for. That's why they are good at locating shallow surface disturbances like utility trenches. They are not very good at defining what substance they are detecting such as iron vs. copper pipes. Small objects don't show up well if they show up at all.

I cannot recommend any particular brand or model but I will caution that there are a lot of false and misleading claims made by many of the popular treasure hunting GPR resellers. Buyer beware. :sadsmiley:

Good Luck on your search.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A
Aug 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info and appreciate your time and effort. Its really a good information.

If am looking for the depth of 8 feet in dry sand, the size of object is 1 feet x 1 feet, which detector/GPR or any machine you will suggest??

Thanks again for your valuable inputs.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have worked with testing the OKM Gephard, it will see the depths you are wanting easily in normal soil conditions. They are not designed to find individual rings or coins but will find buried containers like pots, cans, chests with metal in them, they are designed to find sub-surface anomalies including tunnels, bunkers, shelters, cavities graves ect.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
INDIAN SOIL ......1) I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT 3 D MACHINES???????? 2) BUT WITH ALL THE DIFFERENT TYPES OUT THERE TODAY MAYBE 1'x1' at 15 feet .....( im old world )WHAT I SEEN IN THE REAL WORLD A 400 OUNCE BRICK SIZE BAR MIGHT BE POSSIBLE AT 8 FEET WITH A 4 FOOT x 4 FOOT COIL a 1x1 foot target would 100% possible ( LOOK ON YOU TUBE TO GET IDEAS ) LAST DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ENTIL U SEEN THE DETECTOR IN ACTION AND IF ITS SAYS ITS A LRL (LONG RANGE LOCATOR ) U BE BETTER OFF BUYING THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE AND USING THAT ......THE DEEPEST THING I EVEN SEEN BURIED WAS GRAVE DEPTH 7' ....ONLY ARMIES BURY DEEPER AND I SEEN MANY HOLES DUG 50' FEET FOR NOTHING (THANKS TO A LRL) ONLY BELIEVE WHAT U SEE NOT WHAT U HEAR ...GOOD LUCK ,,,,,, one more thing if this is near the sea remember the water table (no one digs more then 3 feet under water )

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
[email protected], 1st it was 12 to 15 ft. Now it's 8 ft. And the objects range from "coins" (individual?) to "gold bars" (of course). And the country is India . Do you grant (just ... maybe think) that treasure legends/lore run amok there ? All the legends sound ssseeeooo good and bullet proof true indisputable . But given a bit of scrutiny: For "more plausible explanations" might have other explanations ?

Notice how: The "bigger the treasure" then "the deeper it must be". Why is that ? Isnt' it equally hidden (in antiquity) whether is 2 ft. deep, vs 20 ft. deep ? As long as the top is stomped, covered, and fluffed up ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread