OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
well PNG off limits to outsiders or aliens just heard from a native no metal detecting allowed ....the best place on earth and its off limits

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch out for the head hunters in the forest....had an uncle driving log trucks his truck broke down in the middle of the jungle on very muddy roads. Headhunters came out and , well that's another story.

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
sorry to hear that........ knew about that from ww2 history trail to port .....i see u hunt nuggets ,,,good luck hunting in california

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No he saved his head...but he stayed in his locked truck..luckily another lumber truck was not far behind him, he said as the natives emerged from the jungle onto the road side, they heard the truck and scattered back into the jungle...Yes ..I hunt nuggets ..had a late start for this new year...finally went out today and scored a dinky bit.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most of Papua New Guinea is open to foreign and domestic gold prospecting and mining and more areas are opening up each year.
Papua New Guinea undoubtedly is a mining state, with mineral export revenues driving the economy and services in the country, with almost 7 million people spread over a land area of 462,840 km2, and a GDP of US $ 1900 per capita. It is endowed with vast natural resources in all sectors, in minerals, oil & gas, agriculture, forestry, and fisheries.

The mineral wealth of Papua New Guinea is the result of its geology; based on anomalies from past and current exploration efforts, it can offer to explorers the opportunity to multi element discoveries, including gold, copper, rare earth elements, nickel, cobalt, chromium, molybdenum, iron and platinum.

The mineral sector in Papua New Guinea is vibrant and progressive, with sector being by far the major contributor to the GDP, providing more than one third of government tax revenue, as well as royalties to landowners, dividends to equity holders, business development income, and many tangible benefits to host communities that would not otherwise be provided from any source.

grasberg-mine-indonesia-900.jpg

Papua New Guinea has some of the largest gold mines in the world yet small scale mining is also encouraged.

Between 60,000 and 80,000 small scale miners, earn a living out of alluvial mining by commonly using non-mechanical methods thereby making a contribution to Papua New Guinea’s total production of 1.9 million ounces of gold in 2012.

You can find all the details at the Papua New Guinea Mineral Resources Authority website.

Headhunters? Sheesh you folks need to get a life. :dontknow:

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
CLAY DIGGINS .......AM TALKING HISTORY LIKE IN PAST 1942 THE KOKODA TRAIL I GUESS U DONT KNOW THE STORY (LOOK IT UP YOU TUBE)....RELICHUNTER YOUR UNCLE WAS 100% CORRECT WE BOTH KNOW THAT ,,,,ANCIENT TRIBES STILL EXIST TODAY IN FEW PLACES ......NO WE DONT NEED TO GET A LIFE ......RELICHUNTER MADE A TRUE STATEMENT OF A EVENT THAT HAPPENED ....AND ALL U DID IS TRY TO INSULT US .... LOOK AT THAT HISTORY LEARN WHO EAT THE DEAD IN THOSE 60 GROUND MILES...... AUSSIES , JAPANESE , OR NATIVES ,,, BY THE WAY THAT GENERAL MACARTHUR GIVING OUT WHAT 9 AWARD TO THE BRAVEST MEN ALIVE,,,,,,THEY SAVED PORT MORESBY

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
CLAY DIGGINS .......AM TALKING HISTORY LIKE IN PAST 1942 THE KOKODA TRAIL I GUESS U DONT KNOW THE STORY (LOOK IT UP YOU TUBE)....RELICHUNTER YOUR UNCLE WAS 100% CORRECT WE BOTH KNOW THAT ,,,,ANCIENT TRIBES STILL EXIST TODAY IN FEW PLACES ......NO WE DONT NEED TO GET A LIFE ......RELICHUNTER MADE A TRUE STATEMENT OF A EVENT THAT HAPPENED ....AND ALL U DID IS TRY TO INSULT US .... LOOK AT THAT HISTORY LEARN WHO EAT THE DEAD IN THOSE 60 GROUND MILES...... AUSSIES , JAPANESE , OR NATIVES ,,, BY THE WAY THAT GENERAL MACARTHUR GIVING OUT WHAT 9 AWARD TO THE BRAVEST MEN ALIVE,,,,,,THEY SAVED PORT MORESBY

Why are you shouting?

The thread is about mining in Papua New Guinea. Your comments above have nothing to do with mining in Papua New Guinea or metal detecting.

If you are insulted I'm sorry you feel bad. :cat:
Are you insulted because the government of Papua New Guinea contradicted your statement "PNG off limits to outsiders or aliens"?

Maybe you could sign up as a Charter Member. There is a forum where you can tell everybody how bad you feel about being insulted. I doubt your shouting will be appreciated there either.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
i type small do me a big favor and have me banned wiped clean thank u ....i started this asking about metal detecting found out metal detecting illegal from aussies who spent time in jail and citizen of PNG i live in the real world ....your talking online world in a few places to billion $ companies ....there been a civil wars there over mining issues ....i wasnt shouting i didnt have my glasses sorry for that ......just ban me please ...and thank u

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i type small do me a big favor and have me banned wiped clean thank u ....i started this asking about metal detecting found out metal detecting illegal from aussies who spent time in jail and citizen of PNG i live in the real world ....your talking online world in a few places to billion $ companies ....there been a civil wars there over mining issues ....i wasnt shouting i didnt have my glasses sorry for that ......just ban me please ...and thank u

Not sure what you've done to be banned . . .

I may get to New Guinea sometime this year myself, so I was interested in this thread. Thanks to those that have posted comments.

All the best,

Lanny

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well let me clarify ...my uncle was from Yugoslavia....worked for a large company that had many contracts most abroad..this was in the late 60's and its a true story. He also worked in Libya and was there when Reagan bombed Qaddafi...Kuwait and many other Middle Eastern countries. New Guinea was one of his earliest contracts abroad...soooo yes tribes that have a history of chopping heads still existed in the 60's....it's an interesting story and i am pretty sure most people with an open mind would find this story interesting. I know I would...

Clay....I have a great life......I nugget hunt everyday. :)

Last edited:

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
need protection from a local tribe

need information about detecting gold in papua new guinea aka ( croc gold country ) maybe u aussies have done it and have some ideas .....any information would be helpful

I have met a german couple (Ariane + Mikel) many years ago. They have successfully prospected in Papua New Guinea. I met them twice on a trade show and they told me the only way to survive is having protection from a local tribe and respect the land and animals as the natives have a very close relationship to nature. I have no idea how they established the contact to that tribe but as I could talk to them they must have made it out there alive.
Too much danger of catching all kinds of weard diseases and/or getting killed by natives.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Besides complex tribe system and issues as a developing country , Land ownership and mining rights has been major issue for 40 years, They have school , hospitals and all the modern things like most first world countries. Just because their way may not conform to what you think is civilized. I know they resent other countries telling them what do . Respect goes both ways until you learn this donot go there because you will be in a grave.. Get it. TP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread