rating gold detectors

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
i wrote some of info down after hearing it from a Aussie (mike) that he uses some system to rate metal detectors for profitability were the 7000 rated 8.9 the best ,,,gb 2 rated 6.9.... gb pro 6.7 and asked what the new 800 would score he told me it would probably score a 6.8......one big question i dont know how this all works i never been to aussie country i dont know the factors involved am guessing stock coils ....one thing i do know mike open to other brands now just minelab ......any thoughts on if this is possible ????? i ask him what the rating scale was all about he told me to just to put $ in front of the rating ......

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
i seen a survey by nevada steve that matches aussies mikes models ... i guess his system is correct not BS .....i gave it some thought it all about probability , type , coil size , freq , depth , nugget size , ground conditions etc ,,,,,maybe someone at minelab has a program they use to beat the competition,,,, terry is the 7000 ....20-40% improvement like it says in there ads i see u use one

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
,,,, terry is the 7000 ....20-40% improvement like it says in there ads i see u use one

It beats the GPX 5000 by a mile, and I never thought that would be possible!:skullflag:

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
my aussie friends tell me 2018 will be the year of the EQUINOX ,,,,,from coins to small gold i see a VLF that has a bright future .....i guess it will soon hurt minelab other vlf models sales and the competition and its waterproof to boot

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
talked to the gold bugs today .....they gave a thumbs down for the z19,,,,, they told me for a yank looking for yankee nuggets (the nuggets measured in grains not grams ) vfl machines like the 800 work best with a 6" coil ...they said yank companies are also good at making VLF machines,,,, they also told me yanks have bragging rights to sub grain nuggets on the internet ,,,,they mentioned whites tdi is a good value PI machine but the 7000 is light years ahead ....i guess minelab the company is to

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread