WHATS THE BEST NUGGET STATE FOR DETECTING

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
a few aussies keep asking me what the best usa state for detecting ,,,,,, being a yank i told them i read alaska , arizona . california , nevada , oregon but rating them i had no idea which order... then they asked questions about , size , regulations , weather , soil , public land , travel costs etc ..i told them the basic things i knew ....i told them i try to find answers from members on the treasure net ,,,,,,,so members what do u think which state #1 and the reasons its better for some aussie (gold bug) to travel 8000 miles to ,,,,, i told one maybe hes got a crocs problems but some detectors in the usa have bears and uncle sams boys or -40F below which are far worse .....

Upvote 0

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kind of a trick question. It really depends on time of year and what kind of ground a person expects to get over. There is gold in the deserts of Arizona, Nevada, and California. There is also detectable gold in the mountains as well in those states and others. We don't have a permit system, but you need to join a club or do a ton of research to get on open legal ground, or even find a person willing to share a spot with you. Wildlife can certainly be an issue anywhere you go. Rattlesnakes, mountain lions, and bears can be a concern at times. We don't have them crazy flies like you have down under, but we can and do have other insect issues at times like mosquitos, bees, and wasps, just to name a few. I can guarantee no crocks or goanna here, lol. Dennis

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for your reply IMPDLN I once knew of a great place in alaska back in the 70s when detectors were worthless ,,,,uncle sam made it a national park now its pans only ......millions of good acres to detect old gold mines many great creeks now its look but dont touch ......only in the land of the BXLLSHIT ,,,,,i can use a firearm in that park but not a metal detector,,,, if u have a claim there u can still mine,,,just stupid ,,,WELL IMPDLN good luck hunting and ill pass the word about arizona

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Top Four: Alaska; California; Arizona; Nevada. :skullflag:

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks terry ill tell those gold bugs i got this from #1 yorker detector not some hobby bug

PioneerPauly

Mar 28, 2010
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug II
Primary Interest:
Other
Alaska baby!! Im up in Canada and everybody and there igloos say Alaska by far! Good luck out there eh!

Oh and I love your signature layout Terry :thumbsup:

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In retrospect, I'd have to say Arizona for me because I live here, know the terrain and don't have to travel far to get out. I'd love to afford a trip to Australia to try my hand at some of them large nuggets. However, to be realistic, I'd be out of my element and unless some kind soul was willing to take me out and share some good ground with me, I'd likely be like a fish out of water. I've tried prospecting at unfamiliar places on my own and it ain't easy.

So for future reference, if I was looking to travel someplace else to find gold, I'd want to make a friend. Hopefully an honest friend that would genuinely try to put me onto gold. Then someday if the friend came to visit me, I would make the same effort to get that person into some gold. But all parties involved must understand there are no guarantees when it comes to metal detecting gold and just be happy to have the opportunity. Dennis

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In retrospect, I'd have to say Arizona for me because I live here, know the terrain and don't have to travel far to get out. I'd love to afford a trip to Australia to try my hand at some of them large nuggets. However, to be realistic, I'd be out of my element and unless some kind soul was willing to take me out and share some good ground with me, I'd likely be like a fish out of water. I've tried prospecting at unfamiliar places on my own and it ain't easy.

So for future reference, if I was looking to travel someplace else to find gold, I'd want to make a friend. Hopefully an honest friend that would genuinely try to put me onto gold. Then someday if the friend came to visit me, I would make the same effort to get that person into some gold. But all parties involved must understand there are no guarantees when it comes to metal detecting gold and just be happy to have the opportunity. Dennis

There sure is a lot of golden nuggets of hard-won knowledge in your post Dennis, and I like what you're saying about finding an honest friend to put someone onto the gold. I've found a few over the years that have put me onto the gold, and I've put those same honest nugget-shooters I connected with onto the gold as well in return.

All the best,

Lanny

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Colorado has some nice hot springs to soak in along the Arkansas river valley. A lot of the places require talking to the locals and getting a clue as where to search. The places I know now are all under a few feet of snow and very cold. I read many books from the library before I came out here.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now live in a state of confusion and there isn't any gold here, but when I was younger I lived in Northern California and nuggets could be found in the mountain creeks.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions