Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dear fellow propectors,

I have a week I can come to the US 09th- 17th March. I armed myself with a Minelab SDC2300 and am looking for help on where to go. I thought AZ or NV could be good due to the time of the year. I am not the type of person posting on any sort of social media. So secrets will be kept secret. If anybody is willing to let me detect on his claim I'd be very happy.
Having just on week incl. the flying from gemany is not much time. So I do need your kind help on where to go. Any arrangements regarding how much to keep or share will be strictly followed.

Tons of AU 2 U

Horst

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look to spend about $300.00 a day to get onto a claim that holds detectable gold. You need an experienced guide that KNOWS the desert, and how to take care of you if you get into trouble (broken ankle; wild pigs; whatever). PM me and I can put you in contact with some professionals in Arizona. :occasion14:

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Terry,
many thanks for your kind reply. 300,- bucks a day are way out of my financial range.

AU 2 U

Horst

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No offense, but that's a long way to travel and expensive for such a week that's not likely to result in finding a nugget. It just isn't that easy. Most of us don't share spots with people we know, let alone strangers.
1st of all, have you ever found gold with your detector? An SDC2300 is a fine machine, but like any other it takes time to learn. Coming to unfamiliar territory hoping to find a nugget with a detector is hard enough. But getting someone to turn a stranger on to a good spot is darn near impossible.

I'll give you a spot you can go if you so desire. The weather might be cold still in March, however we are having a very mild winter here in Az. and it has been warm enough for the most part. This spot is open to anybody for prospecting. Metal detecting is allowed as is crevicing and panning only. No sluices or anything mechanized allowed. It is in central Az., just outside of Prescott. Lynx Creek is the location and it is located in the Prescott National Forest. You can go to the PNF website for details and a map. It's about 1.5-2 hours drive from Phoenix and with the exception of snow, is accessible by any car. Being at 5,000 ft. elevation roughly, if our weather changes, it can certainly get colder and it can snow.

However, be advised, this area has been hammered and there is a lot of metal trash like bullets that will be found. There is still gold there and people that are familiar with the area do still find gold, even though the area has been worked for over 100 years. I recommend taking a pan and some crevicing tools to have a better chance of finding gold. There is usually some water, but no guarantee as we are having a super dry winter here, and it could be frozen in March if it gets colder than it has been lately. Not likely to have flowing water this winter, just puddles and small pools at bedrock if any.

I'll post a direct link to the info you need, including map of area and regulations.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/prescott/recreation/?cid=stelprdb5359247

You'll have to copy and paste that into a browser. Hopefully somebody will offer to take you under their wing and make you a better offer. I am unable to at this time, just too busy. Dennis

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Dennis,

many thanks for this very useful information.

We'll try and see if we can find something.

Lots of AU 2 U

Horst

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Horst,

Finding nuggets takes a lot of patience, practice, dedication, and sometimes a solid shot of luck to boot. So, I really hope you find something in the time you have to hunt. For with nugget hunting, you never know until you go . . .

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Lanny,

I will be visiting BC in October this year. I would love to detect for nuggets and do some panning. Most of the time approx 2 weeks we'll spend on Vancouver Island. Can you help me on where to go what to do? I heard that there is a very promising claim on Leech creek which you need a key for to enter. All your kind help and assistance is highly appreciated.

AU 2 U

Horst

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Lanny,

I will be visiting BC in October this year. I would love to detect for nuggets and do some panning. Most of the time approx 2 weeks we'll spend on Vancouver Island. Can you help me on where to go what to do? I heard that there is a very promising claim on Leech creek which you need a key for to enter. All your kind help and assistance is highly appreciated.

AU 2 U

Horst

Horst...... follow this link to the thread, this guy has LOTS of great vids on his youtube channel and prospects all over Vancouver Is. There's a link on this thread to his youtube stuff and I'm sure he'd help you out with info and possibly meet up with you and show you around..?????? good luck/ have fun!!!!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...y-vancouver-van-sland-prospectors-around.html

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Horst,

Here's one of Pioneer Pauly's videos so you can see what he's up to.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Terry,

is there a possibility to give me the contact in case we decide to do 1 or 2 days @ 300,- $ per day?

AU2U
Horst

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
it would be worth your time and money already invested to seek out a guide. i just got back from arizona. given it was not a detecting trip, i kept my eyes open just in case. i was way out of my element, and add a hundred claims on top of the equation i didnt even bring the sdc out of the truck. just like fishing, sometimes its worth the money to get a guide.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Terry,

is there a possibility to give me the contact in case we decide to do 1 or 2 days @ 300,- $ per day?

AU2U
Horst

Done. Best of luck to you! :occasion14:

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Sailboat coastal British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Lanny,

AU 2 U

Horst

Hello Horst... just happen to be on Vancouver Island myself. I have been thinking of late of a small shared cost adventuring thing limited to a few people from time to time. I have just put this up as a "trial" balloon (AdventuresShared.com) My gal speaks fluent German by the way. Best regards... Gary

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good idea Seascene. Please keep us informed on the prospecting adventure. Just a heads up, your AirBnB link says "this listing is no longer available.

Mike

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Sailboat coastal British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good idea Seascene. Please keep us informed on the prospecting adventure. Just a heads up, your AirBnB link says "this listing is no longer available.

Mike

Hi Mike... thanks for the update on the b&b. I will remove the link for now. Regards... Gary

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
how was your trip horst?

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi,

we found a lot of stuff. Nails to build a house, wire to fe3nce it in, bullets to go hunting and a new shoe for my burro but no gold.

Slainte

Horst

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, I met Horst last summer when he came out to CA. Super nice guy and interesting guy, I gave him some spots to go, but unfortunately, no big gold for him. Maybe this time he will hit it.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
i would suggest going fishing when you visit BC this fall. inland or ocean, it is the best in the world. you will not be disappointed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread