am i in the 1 ounce club?

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
specific gravity test equates to 1.04 oz of gold... found 3 little ones and this one all in a perfect line!!!!!! and in line with the rest i found the other day....a big thankyou to ray mills for being so generous with sharing your wealth of knowledge. 20180207_133840.jpg 20180207_133803.jpg 20180207_123841.jpg 20180207_133833.jpg

Upvote 0

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I use to clean up gold specimens.
Industrial rubber gloves, eye protection, and keep out of reach of kids/pets.

The bottle doesn't say what the active ingredient is, but the MSDS sheet does (1% to 2.3% Hydrofluoric Acid).
My local Walmart had this stuff on the bottom shelf where kids could reach it.
They lock up the lighters, but leave the poison out. Go figure.

wink_1.jpg

wink_2.jpg

wink_3.jpg

In case you case you are wondering what a Category 3 Dermal Acute Toxicity rating means...
It's the lowest rating you can have before "Fatal if Contacted with Skin" warning are required!
Category 1 Eye Contact, means corrosive and leaves permanent eye damage. Highest rating.

wink_4.jpg

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then you have people using it like this.....very misunderstood cleaning product.
Wouldn't you love your toddler to crawl around on that acid?

On their website, they advertise that they are a green company and all of their cleaning products are ecologically safe for your children and animals. I wonder if they understand what a category 3, dermal acute toxicity rating means.

Another video of a guy splashing down his bath tub with Wink..of course he rinsed it down the drain.
Miners are responsible for ruining the environment?!

Last edited:
OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
an educated hunter knows never to hunt in the vicinity of a golf course. everything that lives around one is contaminated. the bucks are big, the geese and turkeys are plenty, but dont eat them. i remember working at the hardware store and the amout of pesticides, lawn fertalizer etc. that we sold every year was outrageous. add up all the lawn fertalizer, pesticides, perscribtion drugs...and the list goes on.....our country uses goes into our water... and we are the ones destroying the environment by digging a few holes. holes i fill, and everyone else should too, because its only a matter of time before metal detectorists are next on the chopping block.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. Just look at the oil residue run off from the Walmart parking lots. Every vehicle there leaks like sieve.
Runs straight into the streams. They make millions and are not required to put in oil traps when they build.

Anyway - that quartz piece you have will clean up very nicely with Wink. Just be smart about it.
Soak and rinse it with massive amounts of clean water afterwards. Of course wearing protection then as well.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, interesting demonstrations of what just 1% to 2.3% of Hf can do however I saw no personal protection being used by the purchasers of Whink! Ok, so we are talking about using a harsh Acid, not like Vinegar (acetic acid) but Hf. After a rinse in water I would also add a rinse of baking soda water. Remember, protect your eyes and skin from any acid OR Base.................63bkpkr

Last edited:
OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow man, just wow. Awesome find! Congrats man!

Charlie
this is still up for negotiation on a banner find.... wink wink. I doubt ill ever top this

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
Just get out there and find a bigger one with more gold showing.

well its not a bigger one...but it will be a good one to test on...behold my find from this weekend..... 20180304_200231.jpg 8 grams total, or there abouts. my lee powder scale only goes to 109 grains.. so i reverted to a less accurate scale. now i cant sleep at night... thinking of all those loud targets i passed on.....and then found this at 1 inch deep!!! theres some quartz on the back side that needs to be removed

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
this is still up for negotiation on a banner find.... wink wink. I doubt ill ever top this
Hope you are just warming up to find the next one.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well its not a bigger one...but it will be a good one to test on...behold my find from this weekend..... View attachment 1559752 8 grams total, or there abouts. my lee powder scale only goes to 109 grains.. so i reverted to a less accurate scale. now i cant sleep at night... thinking of all those loud targets i passed on.....and then found this at 1 inch deep!!! theres some quartz on the back side that needs to be removed

If your dedicated, there are many more coming your way. People just don’t realize that gold encrusted quartz is literally laying all over the place within inches of the surface (in the gold belt). That’s my belief anyway.

Takes research and lots of fruitless hiking. In your area..I believe the discussions I have had with a local detectorist. A couple square feet can make you very happy. One thing I have noticed, once you zero in on an area, sloow down and spend time reaching under brush, cutting/breaking brush, rolling/raking rocks. You may only walk away with a couple small pieces, but it will add up and possibly lead to amazing finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread