placering progress

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
sdc picked up both these, the gpx could not hear either. the 1.5 gram was about 7" down in extreme mineralization 20180415_090605.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Yella!:headbang:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sdc picked up both these, the gpx could not hear either. the 1.5 gram was about 7" down in extreme mineralization View attachment 1578235

Getten the good stuff.:thumbsup: Re the subject: "placering"......Do you have plans to sample and pan to see if there is enough fine gold or maybe deeper/not detected gold to justify highbanking or whatever?

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
i brought some dirt home this time. did 3 pans and not a fly poop speck. theres still 40 lbs of it in my backpack. if minerjosh found some gold in his dirt ill make more of an effort...work is stacked to the roof so i dont have much free time. managed to reload 150 rounds this week though.

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
for my next go around i have the factory dd coil strapped and ready to go. i know theres more, finding it is the issue.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You sure are doing great! Thanks for posting the pictures as well.

It looks like you're getting yourself into a regular pattern of finds, so you sure are doing something right.

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i brought some dirt home this time. did 3 pans and not a fly poop speck. theres still 40 lbs of it in my backpack. if minerjosh found some gold in his dirt ill make more of an effort...work is stacked to the roof so i dont have much free time. managed to reload 150 rounds this week though.
Panned the whole backpack without a speck...it kinda baffles my mind...you would expect some fines in that dirt around those nuggets you've been finding...I guess that ground just throws chunky gold

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another one of Mother Earth's puzzles.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've experienced the complete lack of fine gold in dirt around nuggets before, but not often.

The ones we found where there was no accompanying fine gold were in what I'd best describe as a glacial dam blowout where a massive wall of water tore loose and blew huge boulders, etc. outwards and when those big obstacles started to lose velocity, the nuggets dropped with them in the low pressure zones created by their bulk. Only way I could figure it.

A great distance farther down from the blowout where the rocks got much, much smaller, that's when some fine gold started to show up.

Now, I've also seen it the other way, where I'd find nuggets in the bedrock and the crevices the nuggets were in were laced with fine gold and pickers, and the surrounding dirt on the bedrock had all kinds of small ironstone and fine gold as well, so you never know about gold. I'm going to have to agree with the mystery theory that surrounds how it's deposited sometimes . . .

All the best,

Lanny

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know you gots to have a least one more good piece by now !
Gt....

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
ive been working....working....working....and so on. havnt been back since that day.

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
squeezed a few out, im still confident there is another lunker there, but targets are waning. 20180520_164438.jpg sdc earns its keep. sorry i thought about selling it.

AllenJ

Mar 7, 2018
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well done sir, nice looking nuggets.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Panned the whole backpack without a speck...it kinda baffles my mind...you would expect some fines in that dirt around those nuggets you've been finding...I guess that ground just throws chunky gold

That’s been my experience in every place I’ve detected nuggets in nor-cal except along river/larger creek bedrock.

Even in the bottom of narrow gullies, gold is usually big enough to pick up with your fingers, or not there.

Thats what’s funny...empty pans but relatively rich ground when a little bit more dirt is moved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread