Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm sitting here beside a brook in the White Mountains of New Hampshire with my trusty Deus and my equally trusty Equinox 800. Decided to take a break and post something of interest that I just discovered. Surprised I have a signal at all up here, tbh.

It seems that the Deus with the elliptical coil, running 81kHz on v4.1, is finding tiny little flakes that the Equinox can't even touch in Gold 1. Haven't tried Gold 2 yet. Furthermore, my buddy has his Gold Bug 2 and I'm finding smaller flakes than he is.

Here are my Deus settings:

Ground Balance: Tracking
Sens: 95
Freq: 80.8
React: 0
Disc IAR: 5
Threshold: 0
Audio Resp: 4

The smallest nugget my buddy found with the GB2 is maybe 1/20th of a gram. I just found a flake not even half that size and it was coming in loud and clear. Not saying the Deus can outdo the GB2, but so far today it is. And also, not saying it can outdo the Equinox, but so far it seems to be. Can't wait for the 6" coil for the Equinox.

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those "pickers", which is probably more correct, was the net result from about 5 days of hard labor running a sluice. The vein is under my HOUSE and when we dug out the clay over the bedrock, we dug up some gold. I bought a cement mixer last summer as a test and put dirt in it, washed out the mud and panned the rest and by golly found a tiny bit of gold in my back lawn. The creek has more, but it's a lot of hard work.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Terry. I do believe that 6" coil is gonna be excellent for nugget shooting. Hope they hurry up and release it. Thanks for the video. Well worth the watch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions