Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi robbor, well it only took a month for somewhat of an answer so here goes -

The Sierra Gold Max weighs about 2 1/4 lbs

The GoldMaster weighs about 1 1/2 lbs

All four of the GMT coils combined weigh about 4 1/2 lbs

These weights come from an old bathroom scale so they are questionable but I weighed each scenario several times and used the average weight.

The attached photo, fresh from my I - phone show's all four coils side by side.

IMG_4118.JPG The Sierra Gold Max covers a lot of ground quickly IF the ground has NO Obstructions on it! This coil is about 14" long so it needs a lot of room to be swung. I used it with Doc's "Swingy Thingy" adapter which helped a lot but this is a heavy coil and the arm can take only so much and tires somewhat fast with that coil cantilevered way out there on the end of the GMT shaft!

I hope this helps answer your questions. I do not have a bit of information about the Sierra Gold Max and GMT settings with the coil as when I used it I had very little time to work with it. I plan on changing that however I've no idea of just when that will be.

Best of luck with whatever you have in mind!....................63bkpkr

OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
No what my question was , is there a way to tell an old Sierra goldmax concentric from the new white goldmax dd?
and on a seperate note, I ran across a guy who modified the newer 6” round gold coils at one time( miner John), he made the bottoms flatter and shielded them better and supposed to get 1/2-3/4” more on small gold.
as of now I have called whites 3 times and left a message and an email, still no response. Great service!!

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They both look the same and are about the same weight. Although, the older concentric is more distinctive because the white plastic discolors over time. I had a discussion with somebody who used the older Goldmaster concentric on his GMT, and he said the performance on some smaller gold was an improvement over the newer DD coil. But this was before Whites released the 6" concentric Micro Tireur to a wider audience. My local dealer has a used 6x10 concentric for $99, but if you already have the newer 6" I'm not really sure it's worth the money ($99) to get the large concentric. I would say get one or the other, but not both. I have the 6" Micro Tireur, and it's already really gainy and twitchey in my area, I can't imagine trying to keep one in 6x10 or 14x8 under control.
I'm not really sure if it's worth trying to talk to Whites about trying to use their older tech in newer ways. From what I've seen, their more into pushing their latest and greatest, which is now the Goldmaster 24K, and their new configurations of the TDI.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread